Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

"Was Jake Shields intentionally trying to poke Georges St. Pierre in the eyes?
Reload this Page Reply to Thread "

was the name of the article....

not making any claims as to if it was intentional or not.. it looks that way to me.. but I poked someone in the eye one time.. totally by accident.. so I don't really know about intentional...


thanks for the feedback.. I think that Jackson did the right thing... "Now is not the time to worry about an owie..."
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

from the gifs, it sure does look like he is opening his hand near impact and sometimes just pawing the whole way.. jake has never done stuff like this (to my knowledge) so i can give him the b.o.d. but those photos and gifs, mostly all in the fifth don't do him any justice
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-08-2011, 03:08 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Was Shane Mosley trying to intentionally shove Manny Pacquiao on his ass?
No, it was a simple shoulder check to deflect the punch, good defense by Mosley on that exchange. Pac lost his balance from the check and fell over.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2011, 04:09 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
No, it was a simple shoulder check to deflect the punch, good defense by Mosley on that exchange. Pac lost his balance from the check and fell over.
It was a shove IMO. What punch was he trying to deflect?

From what I remember, Shane missed on a few punches in a combo and then pushed Manny away by the armpit. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's what I remember. Manny is the shorter guy, so physics just kinda played their role. The point of my original post was that we don't actually know if it was intentional or not, but regardless of that it still happened.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 6,004
Default

I don't know anyone that boxes with their fingers extended completely. It sort of looked like he was going for an open palm slap but George slipped into it.
Weird
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It looked like he was trying to bitch slap him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I don't know anyone that boxes with their fingers extended completely. It sort of looked like he was going for an open palm slap but George slipped into it.
Weird
Is this "man speak" for what Neezy said?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It looked like he was trying to bitch slap him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I don't know anyone that boxes with their fingers extended completely. It sort of looked like he was going for an open palm slap but George slipped into it.
Weird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Is this "man speak" for what Neezy said?



Definitely. You could really see it in the slo-mo video (thanks mhf21)

It sorta looked like Freddie Kruger-type nails were starting to extend from his fingers as he attempted to gouge GSP's eyes out.

OK, I'm exaggerating but you CAN see sharp little claws coming at him!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
It looked like he was trying to bitch slap him.
this is what I thought
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
It was a shove IMO. What punch was he trying to deflect?

From what I remember, Shane missed on a few punches in a combo and then pushed Manny away by the armpit. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's what I remember. Manny is the shorter guy, so physics just kinda played their role. The point of my original post was that we don't actually know if it was intentional or not, but regardless of that it still happened.
When they showed it from the overhead and the same ref's view (how he missed that, I don't know!), as Pac went for the left hook to the head, Mosley checked Pac's left shoulder using his right glove. We use that move all the time in our kickboxing sparring to keep from getting punched at close range. It just happened that it was a really good check and from a taller, stronger guy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Maldonado136
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

the author is dumb and no I don't think it was intentional. He just has really awkward stand up
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.