Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Nick Diaz to box Lacy

Nick Diaz and his desire to box may in fact become a reality, as MMAmania.com has reported that former IBF super

middleweight champion, Jeff Lacy, has put pen to paper and has signed to box Diaz this year.

From the Official Press Release:

A few moments ago, former IBF super-middleweight champion & devastating knockout artist, Jeff "Left Hook"

Lacy, officially signed on the dotted line to square off against Diaz in the Fall of 2011.

Lacy possesses the type of dangerous punching power in both hands that can end the double digit win

streak of the rugged Northern California champion. Don Chargin states, "This is a very dangerous fight for both

men. Not only is this fight dangerous but stylistically it is very intriguing. I expected more resistance from fight

fans and media in regards to this match-up but its amazing as to the hundreds of calls and e-mails I've

received from fans on both sides wanting to see this match-up take place. I've received more than a few

inquiries from some other very high-profile boxers that want to step up and fight Nick. Its been a

real whirlwind."

Chargin continues, "I've been around boxing for quite some time and I've seen a lot of great, tough fighters in

my six decades within the sport. I believe that if Nick had been one of those kids who had picked

up boxing from a youth, he'd undoubtedly be a world-champion today. Sometime within the next 2 weeks I'll

be personally making the trek to Cesar Gracies gym to setup a private, closed door sparring session between

Nick and a few nameless top-level contenders I have in mind."

For months now, rumors have run rampant about Nick's future in combat sports, and whether he would actually take his

game to the boxing ring. Even this week, coming out of UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields, much of the talk has been in

regards to Dana White meeting with Diaz about a potential inter-promotional showdown between Diaz and the UFC

welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre, with hopes of talking him out of taking boxing matches. So is it going to be

Nick Diaz vs. Jeff Lacy in the boxing ring, or GSP vs. Nick Diaz in the octagon? The Strikeforce welterweight champion

seems to have many options, but who will he ultimately choose?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Miss Foxy

Good luck Nick..Whichever sport your in I will gladly root and stay your fan!!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

KO rd 3, Jeff Lacy.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
KO rd 3, Jeff Lacy.
I am impressed you gave him at least to the 3rd round!! woot woot!!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I am impressed you gave him at least to the 3rd round!! woot woot!!
I thought about shooting for the 1st round, but figured he'll get some pure boxing training in there an that will help enough to get him out of the first 2 rounds. Ultimately, Jeff Lacy is going to murder Nick Diaz. He should start much smaller.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I thought about shooting for the 1st round, but figured he'll get some pure boxing training in there an that will help enough to get him out of the first 2 rounds. Ultimately, Jeff Lacy is going to murder Nick Diaz. He should start much smaller.
Word! But the way he probably thinks is go balls out!! Shoot big! Either way he's going to have some nice pocket money and I am glad he has the guts to do this! I hope a lot of mma fans that hate boxing can watch and realize it ain't so bad!! (boxing) that is.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Word! But the way he probably thinks is go balls out!! Shoot big! Either way he's going to have some nice pocket money and I am glad he has the guts to do this! I hope a lot of mma fans that hate boxing can watch and realize it ain't so bad!! (boxing) that is.
I agree, if money is the motivation, there you go, haha!
This will just start Floyd Mayweather running his mouth about how much better boxers are than MMA fighters. Of course, he still wouldn't have the balls to step into the cage when Dana issues the challenge to him again.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Diaz via gogoplata in the 1st
Old 05-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Diaz via gogoplata in the 1st
Is that a move created by this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxl4O6tEKHw
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM
rearnakedchoke