Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-06-2011, 02:59 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
But with their styles, do you think they would fight each other? I don't mean take the fight but actually engage in fighting. lol. Would it only serve to break our hearts?
i think so ... gsp doesn't like standing with strikers, so he'd look for the takedown and try and exploit anderson's take down defense .. anderson would look to keep the fight standing, or if taken down, use his ground game to look for a sub or size advantage to sweep gsp or keep on just getting up .. i think both guys have good cardio, so gsp wouldn't be able to tire anderson out ... i'd give the advantage to anderson, as he has more ways to win, but any trouble we have seen him in was against guys with good takedowns .. would be a fight for sure ..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-06-2011, 05:05 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think so ... gsp doesn't like standing with strikers, so he'd look for the takedown and try and exploit anderson's take down defense .. anderson would look to keep the fight standing, or if taken down, use his ground game to look for a sub or size advantage to sweep gsp or keep on just getting up .. i think both guys have good cardio, so gsp wouldn't be able to tire anderson out ... i'd give the advantage to anderson, as he has more ways to win, but any trouble we have seen him in was against guys with good takedowns .. would be a fight for sure ..
How hysterical would it be if Anderson was able to sub out GSP with 30sec left on the clock like he did to Chael?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Agreed. Jones should be close to the top. I think BJ Penn should be on this list also.
Me too... Definitely Evans and Fitch need to get off.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-06-2011, 05:59 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
true ... but gsp is fighting guys on this list and beating them, so his competition is way better ... if you did a top say 50 pound for pound list, you'll find many more guys on gsp's list than any other fighter ... i think that is what is giving him the number one spot ... imo either gsp or as could be number one ... that is why they have to fight ...
True, but Silva is now at 14 straight wins with 13 of those being title defenses, only 2 that went to a decision, beat a handful of former champions and every few fights decides to move up in weight.

Anyways I think what Silvas managed to do is far more impressive then what Gsp has gone out to do.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-06-2011, 06:08 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Me too... Definitely Evans and Fitch need to get off.
evans and fitch have only lost recently to some of the best fighters .. they deserve to be on the list ... well, fitch for sure ... BJ is not quite top 10 ... 1 win in 4 fights isn't that impressive .. i think if BJ beats Fitch, he'd be on the list for sure .. but who knows what happens next
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
evans and fitch have only lost recently to some of the best fighters .. they deserve to be on the list ... well, fitch for sure ... BJ is not quite top 10 ... 1 win in 4 fights isn't that impressive .. i think if BJ beats Fitch, he'd be on the list for sure .. but who knows what happens next
Lmao...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-06-2011, 07:51 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
evans and fitch have only lost recently to some of the best fighters .. they deserve to be on the list ... well, fitch for sure ... BJ is not quite top 10 ... 1 win in 4 fights isn't that impressive .. i think if BJ beats Fitch, he'd be on the list for sure .. but who knows what happens next
Evans at least has beaten former champs or champs at the time. Finch just hugs his way to wins, Finch buh bye, Evans can stay at the bottom lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.