Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,948
Default I just rescued an abandoned Pup!

After completing my civic duty of voting for a new councillor, I went to the laundrette to wash my unmentionables. After that I had to walk a mile home, during which it began to rain, that most horrible type of rain which is light but completely soaks you!

I rounded on the back car park of a hotel...and saw this...THING. At first I thought it was a small cat...but as I got closer, I noticed, it was a Puppy...this puppy was TINY! it was about the length of a new born infant...sooo...I could have carried about four in my arms...it was THAT small.

I rulled out new born only because its eyes were open. It stood motionless, its dark, huge eyes filled with fear. So I crouched down. I might fear dogs...but I wasnt sure this thing was real...I didnt know ANY dog could be so...small. It got the message and bounded over to me...its tiny lil legs tripping over themselves, its minute lil tail wagging. Usually I'd have stood as still as a statue...and hopped the beast would take a quick sniff and run away...I dislike dogs...even small yappy ones...I dont like the loud noises they make when they bark...and I dont like the way they jump up at you...and I had several bad reactions to dogs when I was small...I was nearly attacked by a dog walking home from school once...and another, later in life...liked to frighten me when I came to delivering the free weekly to his owners house. Terrified me for life.

When I touched it, I saw it had no fear of humans at all...but it was making a funny soft whining noise...I stood up and looked around, but the street was empty...noone in their right mind would let this thing run free in the streets. That was impossible. Noone would think something that small would be capable of survival alone...it followed me along the road, wagging its tiny lil tail...I stopped...it stopped...I moved...it moved. I looked back, blow me, the lil creatured looked back to see what I was looking at...it was amazing.

Then reality struck...Lil pup saw a bird...and bounded away, up the street, and towards a VERY busy road...and now I was worried...this lil thing would be killed, I couldnt leave him....so I raced after him, bent down and scooped him up from the curb....cars whizzed past at forty miles an hour!

He didnt struggle, but I felt wrong holding him, he didnt belong to me. Would the owner think I had stole him. So I put him down and he walked backwards and forwards at the gate post of a nearby residence...gingerly climbing up and down the small garden steps.

I was suddenly aware of a lady who passed me (I was crouched by the gatepost) and went up the path. She noticed the dog and bent down to stroke him....I was like "Excuse me...er...is that you dog" The lady looked aghast and said "No...I thought he was yours" "Oh no...I found him wandering around the backstreets...I cant find his owner, and I afraid for him, he's evidently young...and...he's shivering and whinning"

"What shall we do" asked the woman...neither of us wanted to be the one to say "oh, thats nice" and walk away...the pup was playing with a grapehyacinth...oblivious to our predicament. "Well...do you think we should call the police?" I asked "You know...report it...We cant leave him hear, he's gonna walk out into the road...he has no fear."

So the woman scooped him up, and went inside to phone the police. She told me she would hand him over to the officer who was dispatched to collect stray dogs...We think that he had been abandoned...a bitch had had an unwanted litter, and some nasty human being had waited til the dog had opened his eyes...and then...dumped him in that carpark...poor lil sod...it was hungry, and whinning...and I had already made up my mind before the woman walked past that if it got close to me again, I was gonna pick him up and take him home with me, and phone the police myself...I just couldnt leave him their...damn thing would probably have FOLLOWED me home if I'd tried to walk off!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,948
Default

It looked like THIS!!! I recognise the orange...and the funny black face!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

You have a gentle heart Dave.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

So what happens to pups like that when no one claims them in England? Here in America, you don't call the police about it. Here, you would take it to an animal shelter or call Animal Control to come get it. Some shelters will put it to sleep if it isn't claimed and no one adopts it. Other shelters are "no kill" and will either find a home for it, foster it out, or keep it. Poor puppy.

I love my dog. He's the best dog I've ever had and I have never once regretted saving him from the stupid cow who had him before me.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
So what happens to pups like that when no one claims them in England? Here in America, you don't call the police about it. Here, you would take it to an animal shelter or call Animal Control to come get it. Some shelters will put it to sleep if it isn't claimed and no one adopts it. Other shelters are "no kill" and will either find a home for it, foster it out, or keep it. Poor puppy.

I love my dog. He's the best dog I've ever had and I have never once regretted saving him from the stupid cow who had him before me.


~Amy
Well the Police are likely to ask around the local area to see if anyone has accidently opened a door and allowed it to wander out. if its a big dog it will get sent to a dog pound, which will be run by some kinda dog charity...they look to rehouse unclaimed and unwanted dogs. If the dog is injured, or sick...or because its so young, the police will hand it over to The Royal Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to animals. They keep the dog and look after it for a set period of time...then if its unclaimed, its up for adoption.

Too sick...or too many, and in the past they have euthanised such creatures...but trust me...that thing is young, healthy and adorable...he will be with a new home as soon as the RSPCA allow it.

They are difficult to contact directly though...for example...when I once found a Baby Baboon Tirantular at work...we phoned the RSPCA to come and collect it...and they claimed they didnt have to come because there was no indication the Arachnid was being mal treated So I shook the box that contained the spider...and they came to rescue it from me It was then sent to a "Spider Rescue Centre" and deemed such good quality a specimin that it was sold to a collector!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
You have a gentle heart Dave.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:02 PM
TexasRN's Avatar
TexasRN TexasRN is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texan living in NC
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well the Police are likely to ask around the local area to see if anyone has accidently opened a door and allowed it to wander out. if its a big dog it will get sent to a dog pound, which will be run by some kinda dog charity...they look to rehouse unclaimed and unwanted dogs. If the dog is injured, or sick...or because its so young, the police will hand it over to The Royal Society For the Prevention of Cruelty to animals. They keep the dog and look after it for a set period of time...then if its unclaimed, its up for adoption.

Too sick...or too many, and in the past they have euthanised such creatures...but trust me...that thing is young, healthy and adorable...he will be with a new home as soon as the RSPCA allow it.

They are difficult to contact directly though...for example...when I once found a Baby Baboon Tirantular at work...we phoned the RSPCA to come and collect it...and they claimed they didnt have to come because there was no indication the Arachnid was being mal treated So I shook the box that contained the spider...and they came to rescue it from me It was then sent to a "Spider Rescue Centre" and deemed such good quality a specimin that it was sold to a collector!

I kill spiders. I hate them, hate them, hate them.


~Amy
__________________
__________________________________________

My son made this for me:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I kill spiders. I hate them, hate them, hate them.


~Amy
Now...I'm sure a Medical person like you can understand why I cant do that at work.

We dont know what that Spider is carrying. He isnt native. So two things...he MUST NOT ESCAPE, and HE MUST NOT BE SQUASHED for if he escapes he can breed...and if he is squashed, potentially whatever he's carrying could get into the air...and we could have people getting sick.

Besides...the spiders I am likely to find are not usually squashable...by their nature...they are not lil Garden spiders...but usually BIG WILD ANIMALS....and its not just Spiders...we have Scorpions....Locasts....Jungle moths (my GOD I never seen a butterfly so big in my life!!) The locast, thank GOD, was dessicated...but perfectly presurved...the scorpion, went home with a woman shopper...she did the unthinkable...and returned it to store...alive...and asked for her money back
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Twinsmama
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I have never once regretted saving him from the stupid cow who had him before me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
So I shook the box that contained the spider...and they came to rescue it from me

amy i pictures some fat woman in moo moo but i think i remember the real story

dave you are funny sometimes. spiders or bugs at my house usually get the flip flop smack. does you soft heart not let you smoosh bugs?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2011, 08:08 PM
BamaGrits84
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
After completing my civic duty of voting for a new councillor, I went to the laundrette to wash my unmentionables. After that I had to walk a mile home, during which it began to rain, that most horrible type of rain which is light but completely soaks you!

I rounded on the back car park of a hotel...and saw this...THING. At first I thought it was a small cat...but as I got closer, I noticed, it was a Puppy...this puppy was TINY! it was about the length of a new born infant...sooo...I could have carried about four in my arms...it was THAT small.

I rulled out new born only because its eyes were open. It stood motionless, its dark, huge eyes filled with fear. So I crouched down. I might fear dogs...but I wasnt sure this thing was real...I didnt know ANY dog could be so...small. It got the message and bounded over to me...its tiny lil legs tripping over themselves, its minute lil tail wagging. Usually I'd have stood as still as a statue...and hopped the beast would take a quick sniff and run away...I dislike dogs...even small yappy ones...I dont like the loud noises they make when they bark...and I dont like the way they jump up at you...and I had several bad reactions to dogs when I was small...I was nearly attacked by a dog walking home from school once...and another, later in life...liked to frighten me when I came to delivering the free weekly to his owners house. Terrified me for life.

When I touched it, I saw it had no fear of humans at all...but it was making a funny soft whining noise...I stood up and looked around, but the street was empty...noone in their right mind would let this thing run free in the streets. That was impossible. Noone would think something that small would be capable of survival alone...it followed me along the road, wagging its tiny lil tail...I stopped...it stopped...I moved...it moved. I looked back, blow me, the lil creatured looked back to see what I was looking at...it was amazing.

Then reality struck...Lil pup saw a bird...and bounded away, up the street, and towards a VERY busy road...and now I was worried...this lil thing would be killed, I couldnt leave him....so I raced after him, bent down and scooped him up from the curb....cars whizzed past at forty miles an hour!

He didnt struggle, but I felt wrong holding him, he didnt belong to me. Would the owner think I had stole him. So I put him down and he walked backwards and forwards at the gate post of a nearby residence...gingerly climbing up and down the small garden steps.

I was suddenly aware of a lady who passed me (I was crouched by the gatepost) and went up the path. She noticed the dog and bent down to stroke him....I was like "Excuse me...er...is that you dog" The lady looked aghast and said "No...I thought he was yours" "Oh no...I found him wandering around the backstreets...I cant find his owner, and I afraid for him, he's evidently young...and...he's shivering and whinning"

"What shall we do" asked the woman...neither of us wanted to be the one to say "oh, thats nice" and walk away...the pup was playing with a grapehyacinth...oblivious to our predicament. "Well...do you think we should call the police?" I asked "You know...report it...We cant leave him hear, he's gonna walk out into the road...he has no fear."

So the woman scooped him up, and went inside to phone the police. She told me she would hand him over to the officer who was dispatched to collect stray dogs...We think that he had been abandoned...a bitch had had an unwanted litter, and some nasty human being had waited til the dog had opened his eyes...and then...dumped him in that carpark...poor lil sod...it was hungry, and whinning...and I had already made up my mind before the woman walked past that if it got close to me again, I was gonna pick him up and take him home with me, and phone the police myself...I just couldnt leave him their...damn thing would probably have FOLLOWED me home if I'd tried to walk off!
That dog looks like bull dog. Maybe an American bull dog, or even a pit. Over here a registered one goes for $1,000 ~ $2,500. His tail has been clippedIt is adorable too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.