Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Nate Diaz to drop to LW

Nate Diaz didn't look too good. I'm gonna be the first one to say it. He looked lethargic out there and he's been asking me to go back to 155 for some time now."

"Frankie Edgar is the champion over there and he's the student of a good friend of mine. Nathan was one of the contenders at 155 so we brought him up to 170 but it looks like we'll probably bring him back down to 155 where he belongs."

Diaz brothers coach, Cesar Gracie, tells mmamania.com that his student and Ultimate Fighter Winner, Nate Diaz will likely return to his divisional home of 155 pounds.

"Don't get taken down" was the call from his corner and brother, Nick Diaz, between rounds, but the obvious size and strength advantage of his opponent was too much for the younger brother to deal with this past Saturday. After some very close fought decision losses to the lightweight divisions top tier wrestler, Diaz moved up to welterweight where he found early success against recognizable faces. However, it appears that his coach is ready to grant the wishes of Diaz and let him return to the division he prefers.

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...p-back-down-to
Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

he'll do better at LW .. a lot of people thought he won the fight with gray maynard, so it's not like he is too far behind the competition ... i am sure he will do fine ...
Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Yes good move on his part. I wish him luck. Not too big of a fan I accept him since is a Diaz though.!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Yes good move on his part. I wish him luck. Not too big of a fan I accept him since is a Diaz though.!
Poor guy... that's the same reason I hate him!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
uh-oh.

Chuck: Mark my words: This post will come back to bite you in the ass.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I don't have a good comeback right now I am riled up at something else, but heed my warning... I will use this against you soon!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:54 PM

I actually kind of like Nate so I wont lie i was rooting for him on Saturday but man those Suplex where a thing of Beauty!!!

Wonder what Rampage thought of that
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Nate Diaz didn't look too good. I'm gonna be the first one to say it. He looked lethargic out there and he's been asking me to go back to 155 for some time now."

"Frankie Edgar is the champion over there and he's the student of a good friend of mine. Nathan was one of the contenders at 155 so we brought him up to 170 but it looks like we'll probably bring him back down to 155 where he belongs."

Diaz brothers coach, Cesar Gracie, tells mmamania.com that his student and Ultimate Fighter Winner, Nate Diaz will likely return to his divisional home of 155 pounds."Don't get taken down" was the call from his corner and brother, Nick Diaz, between rounds, but the obvious size and strength advantage of his opponent was too much for the younger brother to deal with this past Saturday. After some very close fought decision losses to the lightweight divisions top tier wrestler, Diaz moved up to welterweight where he found early success against recognizable faces. However, it appears that his coach is ready to grant the wishes of Diaz and let him return to the division he prefers.

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...p-back-down-to

hmmmmmmmmmmm...Wonder if the REAL reason for his move is because Nick will be fighting at 170 in the UFC???
Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 AM
County Mike

Double reason for him to drop back down. He's too small for 170 and shouldn't be fighting in the same class as Nick and Jake.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Double reason for him to drop back down. He's too small for 170 and shouldn't be fighting in the same class as Nick and Jake.
+1.. He has a lot to learn still, but he's young so he should be ok..