Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-25-2011, 04:25 AM

Mr. Clarke's Modest Proposal: Supportive Evidence From Yeovil by Theodore Dalrymple
Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 AM

The Fatal Shore, about the penal colonization of Australia.

It's an interesting topic but the writing is too dry. But since I've already read 350 pages, I'm finishing it.

I'll try The Hunger Games, it sounds good. I hope you report back on Rules for Radicals, PTM. I've never read it although I know many of the "rules", etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

It's an interesting topic but the writing is too dry. But since I've already read 350 pages, I'm finishing it.
I'll try The Hunger Games, it sounds good. I hope you report back on Rules for Radicals, PTM. I've never read it although I know many of the "rules", etc.
You are tenacious! I probably would have ditched it a while ago.

I’m reading three books at once. I have ADD………

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

The Penderwicks ( With my youngest before bedtime. Kind of like a modern day Little Women )

And

I Hate My Neck
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

A Fighter's Mind by Sam Sheridan. It's the sequel to A Fighter's Heart & it's more about the mental & gameplan aspect of the fight. Chapter 1 was all about Dan Gable & Chpater 2 is about Freddie Roach. Really good read so far. For the most part, he just lets the subject "talk" & will only interject with info needed to provide background & context. Really good stuff.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
You are tenacious! I probably would have ditched it a while ago.

I’m reading three books at once. I have ADD………

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

The Penderwicks ( With my youngest before bedtime. Kind of like a modern day Little Women )

And

I Hate My Neck
DonnaMaria, is that last one the Nora Ephron book, I Feel Bad About My Neck? I LOVE her, do you like the book? I looked up The Five People...and that sounds good too. I wasn't crazy about Tuesdays With Maurie but this book you're reading sounds intriguing (and I just googled and read they made a movie about it...I have to get out more ).
Old 05-26-2011, 04:21 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
DonnaMaria, is that last one the Nora Ephron book, I Feel Bad About My Neck? I LOVE her, do you like the book? I looked up The Five People...and that sounds good too. I wasn't crazy about Tuesdays With Maurie but this book you're reading sounds intriguing (and I just googled and read they made a movie about it...I have to get out more ).
Yep! I really botched the title of the book! Nora Ephron! Excellent book! I read it in one sitting! Have you read it?

And I didn't like Tuesdays with Maurie either but I really like The Five People You Meet in Heaven! Not anything like what I expected, but I adore it so far! Really really interesting! A very different "take" on heaven but one that is really interesting! AND it has a happy ending! I love books with happy endings!

The movie wasn't that great though! Just stick with the book!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 AM

Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther by Roland Bainton
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:

Hopefully, I will get to it . . eventually.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM
BamaGrits84

Made to Crave

I just finsihed reading the last series in the Yada Yada Prayer Group House of Hope Series. Great read for women!
Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 AM

The Snowman by Jo Nesbø