Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

GSP would own Diaz. Diaz even struggled against Daley who isn't anything special.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
GSP would own Diaz. Diaz even struggled against Daley who isn't anything special.
I would rather drop 60$ on a Diaz fight before I would drop 5$ on a Gsp fight. At least I know with Diaz im getting an interesting war.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I would rather drop 60$ on a Diaz fight before I would drop 5$ on a Gsp fight. At least I know with Diaz im getting an interesting war.
You're crazy! The main event for Jabfest 129 was worth the money.

Who was the last to beat GSP? Oh yeah.. I remember now lol
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
lets see if i understand this...
first there was Fitch who by some counts was the next great thing that was going to destroy GSP...well not quite but a good try though...

then there was BJ who a lot of people said would beat Georges this time...
and even BJ himself said to the death Georges...to the death...well not quite and
it would have been a good try as well if he didn't just flat out quit after the 4th rd.

then there was Alves....well a lot of people thought he was going to just pound poor GSP into the canvas and win with ease,well not quite...but not a bad try though...at least he made it to the end of the fight.

then along came Hardy...a lot of people thought he was the next great hope that was going knock old Georges out !...well at the very least win the fight easialy...well...i would say good try but i would be lying if i did...so i wont.

then it was the new and improved Koscheck...not sure many really gave poor Kos much of a chance though...not even a lot of the GSP haters thought he could win this time either...and its a good thing they didn't....i would say good try but i'm not sure Kos even tried at all...

then along came Shields....well i'm not sure how Jake went undefeated for almost 6 years...but he's not undefeated anymore.
another crushing blow to all the GSP haters out there i'm sure.

and thats pretty much it...GSP has cleaned out the division...there is just nobody left...
WAIT !....whats that i hear ?

Nick Diaz could step up and kick GSPs ass you say !

are you guys serious ?....what ever...but before you go pinning your hopes on Nick maybe you should consider first getting a tetanus shot...just in case you cut yourself on the bottom of the barrel while you are down there.
yeah georges should just retire because no one can beat him... Not even any point on speculating on future fights
Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
yeah georges should just retire because no one can beat him... Not even any point on speculating on future fights
you think Nick is a threat to GSP ?

and here i thought you actually knew a little something about MMA.

BTW...i didn't say Georges couldn't be beat...i said none of these guys could do it.

Last edited by bradwright; 05-02-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I agree, Diaz is always exciting but he would get owned by GSP which would essentially make the fight boring.

As for last night all fights before the GSP fight were awesome. Even his home crowd was booing his fight!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:11 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
You think Nick is more dangerous off his back than Shields?

Absolutely.

Since Jake is more of a wrestler who incorporated BJJ,
and Diaz is a BJJ guy, yes.

I think Jake is much better with his top game.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright View Post
are you guys serious ?....what ever...but before you go pinning your hopes on Nick maybe you should consider first getting a tetanus shot...just in case you cut yourself on the bottom of the barrel while you are down there.
Fitch = Stood a chance, GSP was great in that fight
Alves = I rooted for him because I hate GSP, but I don't think anyone (Unless you bought into the UFC hyping him) thought he could really beat GSP. At least, I didn't. He had popped for drugs for weight cutting, then didn't make weight for Hughes. I knew he would either look like crap from cutting or he wouldn't make weight.
Hardy = Same with Alves, rooted for him, out of GSP hate, but I don't think anyone really thought he could win. He was coming off super close decisions to Swick and Marcus Davis.
BJ = GREASE and a LW
Shields = SHOULD have won, GSP scraped by, and looked like crap.

Diaz is 10x he boxer GSP or Shields is.
Could GSP put together a plan and win a dec? Of course, and prob would.
Could Diaz catch a sub or solid punch? Yes.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 AM
que

Gsp strategy against nick will be predictable. Strike a little, take it to the ground. Repeat for 25 minutes. Then Apologize to fans for not finishing again in post fight interview.

But, nick can win too. If we learned anything from last night it's that gsp barely outstruck Jake shields. So just imagine what nick can do to him. And there is no way gentle georges can ever finish nick Diaz so it's anybody's fight
Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Liddellfan

I think Nick Diaz would easily get inside the head of GSP before the fight even started. Seeing how rattled GSP gts when something doesn't go his way, Diaz would really have him flustered during the fight.....Diaz taked this, he'll hit GSP 50,000 times in 5 rounds, if it goes that far. WAR DIAZ
(praying for this fight)