Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 PM
atomdanger

Default Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz

Quote:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/23451/geor...en-to-idea.mma

"I talked to them again here tonight," White said after the soldout UFC 129 show. "When they got off the stage [Friday], the were yelling [expletive] at fans, and Nate Diaz starts flipping everybody off when they get off the stage. Everywhere we go, I talk to those two first and say, 'Be cool. Everything is going to be good, right?'"

"They're unique individuals, those two. I like them. I like their attitudes. I like their styles. You've got to play the game a little bit, please. And please don't flip off fans and threaten to kick everyone's asses."

Despite the UFC's recent purchase of Strikeforce and his promise that business would continue "as usual," is there anything that could prevent White from setting up St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) vs. Diaz (25-7 MMA, 6-4 UFC)?

"I can do what I want to do," White

"I've got to go talk him about boxing first, and then we'll see what happens there," said White, who said he plans a trip to Diaz's Stockton, Calif. home for a chat. "I do respect Nick Diaz's boxing. He's got good boxing for MMA, but boxing and MMA are two totally different sports, man two totally different sports."
I've said it from the beginning, Nick gives GSP more trouble than Jake did
Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I've said it from the beginning, Nick gives GSP more trouble than Jake did
I would agree with that to a point. GSP wouldn't hesitate to take Diaz to the ground like he did Shields so that would change things a little.

GSP beat an amazing BJJ practitioner with 1 eye and half his skill set. With Diaz he would have more options.

I think Diaz > Shields but GSP > Diaz.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I would agree with that to a point. GSP wouldn't hesitate to take Diaz to the ground like he did Shields so that would change things a little.

GSP beat an amazing BJJ practitioner with 1 eye and half his skill set. With Diaz he would have more options.

I think Diaz > Shields but GSP > Diaz.

I think Nick is MUCH more dangerous off his back,
but I think GSP could fairly easily do a TD, some light GNP, get up, repeat for 25 minutes.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
"I can do what I want to do," White
Dana sounds like a spoiled 5-year-old.

I wuz not imprezzd with Georges' perfomenz. I think Nick gives him trouble.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
I think Nick is MUCH more dangerous off his back,
but I think GSP could fairly easily do a TD, some light GNP, get up, repeat for 25 minutes.
You think Nick is more dangerous off his back than Shields?
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Maldonado136

GSP will be too fast for Nick like he has been for his past opponents who were already faster than Nick. If they stand (they won't GSP will take him down) then Nick might get one or two in but for the most part he will be swinging and missing all night. I just want to see him get all in Georges' face and do what he does because I think it would be funny.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:14 PM
logrus

Nick is the better striker, and I doubt he fears anything Gsp could throw his way. Look for Diaz to walk right through it to beat the snot out of Gsp standing.

This fight would be no diff then the Hardy fight, a few strikes take it to the ground, stand it back up, bring it back to the ground. Nick might do more from his back, but it wouldn't matter the way judges score things.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 PM

I think Diaz could take GSP.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 PM
bradwright

lets see if i understand this...
first there was Fitch who by some counts was the next great thing that was going to destroy GSP...well not quite but a good try though...

then there was BJ who a lot of people said would beat Georges this time...
and even BJ himself said to the death Georges...to the death...well not quite and
it would have been a good try as well if he didn't just flat out quit after the 4th rd.

then there was Alves....well a lot of people thought he was going to just pound poor GSP into the canvas and win with ease,well not quite...but not a bad try though...at least he made it to the end of the fight.

then along came Hardy...a lot of people thought he was the next great hope that was going knock old Georges out !...well at the very least win the fight easialy...well...i would say good try but i would be lying if i did...so i wont.

then it was the new and improved Koscheck...not sure many really gave poor Kos much of a chance though...not even a lot of the GSP haters thought he could win this time either...and its a good thing they didn't....i would say good try but i'm not sure Kos even tried at all...

then along came Shields....well i'm not sure how Jake went undefeated for almost 6 years...but he's not undefeated anymore.
another crushing blow to all the GSP haters out there i'm sure.

and thats pretty much it...GSP has cleaned out the division...there is just nobody left...
WAIT !....whats that i hear ?

Nick Diaz could step up and kick GSPs ass you say !

are you guys serious ?....what ever...but before you go pinning your hopes on Nick maybe you should consider first getting a tetanus shot...just in case you cut yourself on the bottom of the barrel while you are down there.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 PM

There's someone out there, Brad, I just know it!

We just need to find him!