Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-02-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
just re-watched the fight ... still don't know how two judges gave 2 rounds to shields ... yes, gsp is a mental midget, but i give him props for fighting through the eye poke ... i also noticed that jake looked bigger than gsp ...
I'm going to have to re-watch it now with some of y'all calling "eye poke". He looked taller, but I don't think he looked bigger as for muscles. I thought GSP looked thicker/heavier than he normally does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Jake needs a big piece of steak! Poor kid has been a vegetarian all his life I don't care what anyone says we need meat!!

I was surprised to learn he's a vegetarian!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

i thought it was a punch too, as they kept showing that on the broadcast ... i think maldonado posted a video of the poke .... it's somewhere ..
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

There was a video of it on MMA Mania.. it was a poke.. pretty clear to me at least.. but the video was taken down.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I don't understand why everyone is so cheering the jumping front kick.. it's a very basic more.. that IMO.. everyone should be doing against a fighter that squares up with you.

I have only seen Andy, Uriah, Chuck, Matt and Lyoto...(I am sure there are others.. but those are the only ones I can remember off the top)

Granted.. I have not seen any KOs from this with the exception of Andy and Lyoto..

Must people just call it a "push kick" lately... but you can do serious damage with that kick...

a rear leg front kick is a very basic (first year in karate) move.. and a jumping front kick is normally turned into a round house...
Exactly.
I start my journey in Martial Arts with 5 years of Karate,
and my brother still does Karate (running like 8 years) we've always shouted front kick to the television.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger View Post
Exactly.
I start my journey in Martial Arts with 5 years of Karate,
and my brother still does Karate (running like 8 years) we've always shouted front kick to the television.
Where you been????
Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
There was a video of it on MMA Mania.. it was a poke.. pretty clear to me at least.. but the video was taken down.
If you rewatch the fight, you can see the ref. tell shields to make sure his hand is closed when reaching out. He tells him this between rounds while sitting on the stool.