Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Buzzard

Default April 29, 1992

There was a riot in the streets tell me where were you.

Sublime Some explicit language...warning.

I was living in Torrance Ca. at the time working at LAX. I remember whenever I would go out onto the AoA seeing new fires sprouting up in the distance. I took off work early one of the days when there were reports of looting within 1 or 2 miles of my house. Slept with my gun that week and was ready to protect our neighborhood. Hard to believe it was 19 years ago.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post

I was living in Torrance Ca. at the time working at LAX. I remember whenever I would go out onto the AoA seeing new fires sprouting up in the distance. I took off work early one of the days when there were reports of looting within 1 or 2 miles of my house. Slept with my gun that week and was ready to protect our neighborhood. Hard to believe it was 19 years ago.
Buzz isn't it funny it says April 26th 1992, but yet it's named April 29th, 1992... I was in 7th grade...Playing handbells and listening to Janet Jackson probably!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Buzz isn't it funny it says April 26th 1992, but yet it's named April 29th, 1992... I was in 7th grade...Playing handbells and listening to Janet Jackson probably!
Yep. Read where Brad made the mistake when recording and they left it in.

That was a crazy time out there. Even with all of the craziness and stuff that is SoCal, I sure do miss it at times.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
BamaGrits84

I was 6 then.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 PM

I was home watching all the looting and saw those murderous thugs drag Reginald Denny out of his truck and stomp on his head, throw a piece of concrete at his head, trying to kill him. Then they dragged him back out of his truck and did it again.

It's extremely difficult to find footage of it. There are LOTS of videos of the Rodney King beating. I wonder, why the disparity?

Oh yeah, 'cause he's a white guy. Ditto the latest beatdown at McDonald's. The only reason the MSM picked up on it is because it turns out it was a transgender victim - one worth reporting about, apparently.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Administrator

I was stationed in Germany at the time and we watched the news coverage on AFN (Armed Forces Network). Even the black soldiers that I was serving with were marveling at the stupidity of the rioters. It had nothing to do with equality, they just wanted an excuse to break the law.

In other words, they didn't want equal rights, they wanted the right to violate everyone else's rights.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 PM

A hotel in Hackettstown, New Jersey.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post

Your scenario is one of the main reasons I oppose any "waiting periods" for gun purchases. I am fine with an instant background check; however, imagine if you had not owned a gun and tried to buy one after the riots started - only to find out you had to wait several days due to a "waiting period". I just went through the process a couple months ago when I won a handgun in a sweepstakes and it took me 3 weeks of waiting and paperwork before I had the gun in my hands.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Chris F

I lived in Cali then. I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing that all I can say about that. I remember this pretty well.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

I was in high school and so wrapped up in myself that the rest of the country/world didn't matter.

~Amy

My son made this for me: