Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's not. Because Titanic is still the number one movie of all time and it's not on that list.
Not dollar wise, critic's choice wise.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Deadline Hollywood made a great point.

Quote:
Gordon Brown had priceless gifts to give Obama and his children, and he got a cheap DVD set and cheap marine one helicopters for his kids in return. Gordon Brown also has vision problems, with massive vision loss in one eye. Our President insulted our oldest ally because Obama’s aides say he is “overwhelmed”. Executive experience might have helped before seeking the toughest job in the world. Thanks for already pissing off our greatest ally in the world. A pen made from Britain’s anti-slave ship vs. a DVD set of movies. Epic fail! I thought Obama was supposed to be smart. I miss W. He at least had class. Obama is just an incompetent boob.
This just goes to show what many of us already know - Obama needs more experience before becoming POTUS.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

BTW, Obama's a regifter. I actually sent that box of DVDs to him 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
BTW, Obama's a regifter. I actually sent that box of DVDs to him 2 weeks ago.
so really your the one to blame then,
Obama probably thought,if this is a good enough present for the RULER of the free world then it should certainly be good enough for the guy that looks after that waste land Dave lives in,
Old 03-10-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
so really your the one to blame then,
Obama probably thought,if this is a good enough present for the RULER of the free world then it should certainly be good enough for the guy that looks after that waste land Dave lives in,
Just you wait. When Stephen Harper comes here, we're going to give him a box of DVD cases! That's my next gift to Obama, so you can be sure that's what he will regift to PM Harper, hahaha!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:43 PM

Looks like a pretty good gift to me. We don't know whether or not they were special copies or anything. Perhaps the Prime Minister is a huge fan of American cinema. I think that with the state of our economy the fact that he gave him something that repepresents a strength of our country (our cinema), and represents consumerism is a decent gift for the time.
And as far as the player goes: if the leader of Great Britain can't play an american DVD then there are bigger problems. I'm sure our President could watch a region 2 DVD if he needed to.

[
Old 03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Not dollar wise, critic's choice wise.
Beat me to it.

Later.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Looks like a pretty good gift to me. We don't know whether or not they were special copies or anything. Perhaps the Prime Minister is a huge fan of American cinema. I think that with the state of our economy the fact that he gave him something that repepresents a strength of our country (our cinema), and represents consumerism is a decent gift for the time.
And as far as the player goes: if the leader of Great Britain can't play an american DVD then there are bigger problems. I'm sure our President could watch a region 2 DVD if he needed to.
Would if matter if they were special copies if the man is going blind and can't watch them?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Would if matter if they were special copies if the man is going blind and can't watch them?
A lot of visually impaired people enjoy the cinematic experience. They are making lots of strides in Audio technology these day;)

Plus before you go blind why not capture the best films of all time in your memory
And Nate I refuse to acknowledge TITANIC as the greatest! how dare you. I'm completely ignoring it's accomplishments, I know, but I hated that movie!!!!!

[
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
A lot of visually impaired people enjoy the cinematic experience. They are making lots of strides in Audio technology these day;)

Plus before you go blind why not capture the best films of all time in your memory
Name one!

Listen, if you have a man who is going blind and you buy him movies then unless the man has requested them I think it is in very poor taste. Most people who have devastating medical issues where a loss is occuring like that have a hard time dealing with it or at the very least are a bit sensitive about it.

We had a friend who lost a leg in a wreck. That would be like us buying him a bicycle and saying, "You need to learn how to ride that bike with one leg and enjoy it while you still can!"