Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Dana White: Jason “Mayhem” Miller Banned From Showtime and CBS Following Brawl

Quote:
For those of you wondering why Jason “Mayhem” Miller was never again seen inside of a Strikeforce hexagon following his April 2010 victory over Tim Stout, UFC president Dana White decided to shed some much needed light on the subject on Wednesday.

While most pundits professed the obvious answer was written all over the ‘Strikeforce: Nashville’ brawl wall, White confirmed last year’s rumble did in fact lead to Miller’s exile from the San Jose, California based company.

“Mayhem Miller had a contract with those guys,” White told a group of reporters following today’s UFC 129 press conference. “Mayhem, he’s banished from CBS for life. He wasn’t being fought because he couldn’t fight on Showtime, he couldn’t fight on CBS, so he was in a bad position.

“So that’s why [we signed him to the UFC].”

After dominating veteran Dan Henderson to retain his middleweight crown last April, Jake Shields took the mic to address the national primetime audience. Miller, the man Shields had recently defeated for the open 185-pound title, jumped in the cage and demanded a rematch.

Shields didn’t take too kindly to Miller’s antics and shoved him off. Miller immediately charged back and ignited the worst riot in mixed martialarts history.

“I haven’t talked to Mayhem about this, this is just what I believe and conversations I’ve had with [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva … I think he was put in there to promote a fight [against Shields] and anyone who would throw Mayhem Miller in there when the Diaz brothers are in there, it’s a (expletive) big melting pot for disaster. I don’t blame Mayhem for the whole situation,” White shared.

“We control what happens inside that Octagon, the fighters do not. In our organization you don’t see melees break out and huge fights.”

The controversial 185-pounder was last seen posting a submission win over Kazushi Sakuraba at Dream.16 this past September. Mayhem makes his return to the big leagues against Aaron Simpson at UFC 132.
That's absolutely ridiculous. Let's break this down - Mayhem's role in the brawl: jumped in the cage to ask for a rematch (happens all the time in tons of promotions). Gracie Camp's role in the brawl: 5 guys jumping a lone dude (happens all the time in tons of 209 alleyways). Gracie Camp's punishment: 6 month suspensions (slap on the wrist). Mayhem's punishment: banned from making a living. Absolute bull$h!t.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's absolutely ridiculous. Let's break this down - Mayhem's role in the brawl: jumped in the cage to ask for a rematch (happens all the time in tons of promotions). Gracie Camp's role in the brawl: 5 guys jumping a lone dude (happens all the time in tons of 209 alleyways). Gracie Camp's punishment: 6 month suspensions (slap on the wrist). Mayhem's punishment: banned from making a living. Absolute bull$h!t.
Agreed 100%
Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Agreed 100%
Seconded
Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 PM
rearnakedchoke

yeah i find it weird that he got the short end of the stick .. seeing that i think it was one of the diaz bros or gilbert that threw the first shot ... but it also may have to do with the fact that miller videotaped it, planned going in there without permission and then posted the video basically showing it off ... but the ufc is a better home for him anyway ...
Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Sorry I think he went in there with a big mouth and got what he got. And like rearnakedchoke stated UFC is a better home for him. He will have more competition and a longer career IMO.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Sorry I think he went in there with a big mouth and got what he got. And like rearnakedchoke stated UFC is a better home for him. He will have more competition and a longer career IMO.
Fair enough: he talked trash & got jumped, fine. But you can't tell me that for CBS & Showtime to ban him but still push Cesar's boys is legit.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Fair enough: he talked trash & got jumped, fine. But you can't tell me that for CBS & Showtime to ban him but still push Cesar's boys is legit.
I can't agree or disagree. I don't know what happened aside from the video. I think what rnc said about the camera footage and all that might have contributed to it, but if not then I would sway that its unfair. I don't know what his contract says or don't say about videotaping/media.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:28 PM

That's absolutely ridiculous. Let's break this down - Mayhem's role in the brawl: jumped in the cage to ask for a rematch (happens all the time in tons of promotions). Gracie Camp's role in the brawl: 5 guys jumping a lone dude (happens all the time in tons of 209 alleyways). Gracie Camp's punishment: 6 month suspensions (slap on the wrist). Mayhem's punishment: banned from making a living. Absolute bull$h!t.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Agreed 100%

Agreed 1,000%
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Does sound unfair to me! On a side note 5 on one sounds more like thug gangsta behavior than professional MMA to me! The responsible thing would have been to break up the fight!