Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, but they were in two different weight classes .... Bj is right in a sense that kos and fitch won't fight each other and it sorta makes it unfair .. i hope dana makes those two fight ... it's lining up perfectly ...
not only would they not go the hardest they could vs each other.. One of them will have to change camps and be out of there confort zone not getting there usually training camp in.. which is a huge disadvantage... I want to see fighters at there best fighting... Not glorified sparring matches between teamates.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
not only would they not go the hardest they could vs each other.. One of them will have to change camps and be out of there confort zone not getting there usually training camp in.. which is a huge disadvantage... I want to see fighters at there best fighting... Not glorified sparring matches between teamates.
+1!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
i am sure if it is for a title shot, they will go hard .. you are right about the camp part .. plus, if dana even gets an inkling that they aren't going hard, he'd have no problem dumping them on their asses out of the ufc ...
Old 04-27-2011, 01:29 AM

this is a business, not a friendship. If you can't fight someone because you're friends, fair enough, and respect.. but don't expect any favors, like side stepping that opponent and getting a title shot. meh...
Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

I'm aware that fighting isn't identical to jits competitions, but I had to roll with 2 of my teammates back-to-back in my last tournament. Guys I roll with all the time & I know their game & vice versa. Sometimes $h!t just happens.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Liddellfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
That's the problem for UFC WW division if Diaz ever comes over.. You got him, Nate, and Jake..
No problem at all. Brothers should NOT fight, it's different with a teammate IMO. If Nick came over, Shields would probably go back up in weight and fight at 185. If not, I highly doubt Nick would not take the fight if it was for the title.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Here's a link to the video from Helwani's MMA Hour show that this info was pulled from. It's a 23min vid, really good stuff:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/2...fore-retiring/
Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Buc Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
this is a business, not a friendship. If you can't fight someone because you're friends, fair enough, and respect.. but don't expect any favors, like side stepping that opponent and getting a title shot. meh...
QFT