Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 AM
3dlee

Default Did Tim Sylvia REALLY get paid 800k for his fight against Fedor?

I know this is ANCIENT history but I just ran across this http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...ksalary2072108
It says that Tim Sylvia got paid almost 3x as much as Fedor and got paid 800k which is the most I know anyone to have ever gotten paid as a salary in an MMA match. WTF? This looks true but GOSH! No wonder those idiots are out of the fight game. I mean, I still really dig the clothes but 800 K for Big Timmy? I weigh right at 150 lbs and I'd fight Brock Lesnar with Matt Hughes on his shoulders for 800k. And lose faster than Timmy did lol. Id fight my mom for 800k lol JK!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM

Hell NO!! He probably got 75k at most

I would imagine if he had 800k he could at least get on the Kristie Alley diet and not coming weighing in at 300+ POUNDS only to get KTFO in 30secs. by some one 60lbs lighter than him.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

yeah, he got that much ... he was an ex ufc champ and they needed the draw ... from what i remember, the pay disclosed to fedor was low-balled and he was given more money through m1 or whatever ..... yes, not good business and hence the reason they went under
Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Hell NO!! He probably got 75k at most

I would imagine if he had 800k he could at least get on the Kristie Alley diet and not coming weighing in at 300+ POUNDS only to get KTFO in 30secs. by some one 60lbs lighter than him.
naw he really got paid that much.. Go look at the pay days for that event!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM
suntereo

I'd fight Fedor for that much.... and probably go longer too. bet Tim would double his purse if he got a dollar for everytime somebody said that
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
naw he really got paid that much.. Go look at the pay days for that event!!!
Yeah i did, that's crazy that they would pay him that much!!! When they could have gotten someone way better for less than half the money.

Wasn't Oscar De La Hoya co owner or something like that? I guess thats were the money came from.... im not sure though.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah i did, that's crazy that they would pay him that much!!! When they could have gotten someone way better for less than half the money.

Wasn't Oscar De La Hoya co owner or something like that? I guess thats were the money came from.... im not sure though.
not so sure they could of gotton somone way better.... Big tim was just coming off a ufc interim title shot when they got him... Only one better would of been Randy and he was tied up in a contract dispute with the ufc..

agreed its way to much money for Tim to make though... That payday and the barnett steroid debacle made sure affliction didnt last very long!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
I'd fight Fedor for that much.... and probably go longer too. bet Tim would double his purse if he got a dollar for everytime somebody said that
Old 04-28-2011, 07:38 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

That's a nice chunk of money! They probably wasn't expecting a former UFC champ to get knocked out so quick. As for fighting him longer. Do you really think you could run fast enough for that long? Cause lets face it, Any normal guy would have to run or bring a weapon against Fedor or big Tim!