Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

How's Bonnie taking it?
Not well...although not bad enough to be in danger of pineing away I dont think.

She is depressed, and during the dark evening (which is when Pettis died) she goes to the bottom of the cage and sits in the position she last saw him, before I removed him. Of course he died in my hands...so he never came back...I guess she is waiting to see him reappear where he dissapeared...she also goes back and forth peering out of the cage to see if he's on the other side

I think she would be in danger of dying herself...if not for the fact that Lil Finch is in the cage and so she isnt completely on her own. Lil Finch is oblivious...she's too young to notice the absence of her Father...being a Female she doesnt need him in her development now because she cant sing, so she hasnt got to learn that from Pettis. As far as Dane is concerned his Father is out of his mind...has been since he moved in with his Uncle in the other cage...I dont think Levon even remembers who Pettis was, they spent nearly a year together...but after that they've been in separate cages for months

Because Bonnie wont now mate with another finch...and as she is female, I cant keep her in with the boys...I shall have to send her to market along with her daughter in about a month or so...that will be quite hard...but I wont have Bonnie alone...I think that probably would kill her right now. She needs a new start along way away from anything Pettis related

Then, of course I shall have a spare cage and be able to buy a completely different veriety of bird
Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsqB7j0XIE

here is the memorial video for Pettis
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Sorry bro, that always sucks.

It's crazy how birds are, they can die of a broken heart just like ol' Johnny Cash did...
Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Twinsmama

sorry dave.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Primadawn

So sorry Dave.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Miss Foxy

Sorry about your bird.. I hope the burial went ok.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Sorry about your bird.. I hope the burial went ok.
it did. After work on Saturday I walked all the way to scotton mill in the nid gorge and then I threw Pettis over the edge and watched him bob off down stream, swept by the current...until his lil red beak became just one discoloured dot amoung thousands of discoloured dot that make up the ever growing flotsam on the river towards Knaresborough

Thank you everyone for your condolences, it hasnt been the best passiontide for me this year
Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Dave, I'm really sorry for not having stopped in here yet, but I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I know how much you love your birds.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 AM

He was a beautiful little bird.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
it did. After work on Saturday I walked all the way to scotton mill in the nid gorge and then I threw Pettis over the edge and watched him bob off down stream, swept by the current...until his lil red beak became just one discoloured dot amoung thousands of discoloured dot that make up the ever growing flotsam on the river towards Knaresborough

Thank you everyone for your condolences, it hasnt been the best passiontide for me this year
Wow Tyburn sounds so depressing.. On a side note I don't think you should just get rid of Bonnie now that she's no use to you .. Just my thoughts though..