Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I was a pregnant teen too. When I was 17 when my son was born. The comments and treatment by some people who call themselves Christians make me sick looking back. At the time I was too embarassed to stand up for myself. I was 7 months pregnant before I even showed my face in the church I had grown up in. The youth pastor was a jerk to me. He came in the Sunday school room the day of my baby shower, after having not spoken to me the whole time, and ask "Is everything under control for your bridal shower? I mean BABY shower?" I almost cried. Then ALL of my "friends" refused to speak to me until one Sunday a good family friend overheard one of them and prompotly anounced to the entire youth group that they could keep their giggles to themselves because the only difference in what I had done and them was the world could see my sins, but not to worry because most of their mothers were complaining about theirs. Jaws dropped because everyone in the group knew she knew they had had sex too. My grandmother, who is a Christian, told my mom I should have an abortion.

I don't think being a teen mom should be made easy though. I don't think people should treat you like it is okay. I think it is okay to let these girls know they have disappointed their parents, their friends, their siblings. Teen's having babies doesn't usually turn out well and at no point should it just be accepted. There is however a better way to address these mothers than with hatefulness.

I don't know what point she was trying to prove either. How teen moms get treated? I guess that can be two sided harshly. On one side it could discourage kids from getting pregnant. On another it could encourge abortion. Don't know what she is hoping to prove but I hope it is not accepting pregnant teens with open arms.
Sounds awful!! I commend you for taking the higher road instead of the easy way out and having an abortion.... I am glad I am not the only teen mom here..
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 PM
County Mike

Quote:
I was a pregnant teen too.
Wanna go to prom?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 PM
BamaGrits84

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Wanna go to prom?
Only if you promise to STICK up for me...
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
O geez, you're gonna lob Mike an easy, softball one like that?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Don't worry. My stick will be up when you want it.

VCU: Couldn't resist that one.