Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Thanks...
I did that many many moons ago...

I am proud of it.. but... it didn't do much.. and some of the people that are "out there"... don't want help....Granted... there are some that could do well with a helping hand..

but..

I learned in latter years....that helping "yourself.. before putting your hand out".. is really the better option...
Old 04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
No offense, but I have to wonder what your life experience is if you think pretending to be pregnant is no different than pretending to be unattractive.
There is no difference considering both went out to prove how society would treat them if they were in the others shoes. The teen was treated bad, the fat girl was treated bad and the ugly girl was treated bad. In the end its all about the data and the data did not lie.

There is also stero typing studies too but I didnt care to put those in. Figured that it wouldnt be needed. As for my life experience, I really dont think you want to know about any off that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't get your statement? If your trying to attack me your doing a horrible job..
Not really, its hard to draw a base line between yous two if I dont know when it happened. If it was 2 years ago, then I could be similar and if it was say 10+ yrs ago then its not similar at all.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:15 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I'd ask a pregnant girl to prom too. Can't get her pregnant again and it's obvious she likes the sex. It's a win-win.
I wrote something like that in a response but realized it was me writing it and figured 99% of the forums would have been protesting my banning. so i nvr posted it.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I'd ask a pregnant girl to prom too. Can't get her pregnant again and it's obvious she likes the sex. It's a win-win.
lol, I cant help myself, but that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
lol, I cant help myself, but that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.
Got to admit...... I LOL'ed
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I wrote something like that in a response but realized it was me writing it and figured 99% of the forums would have been protesting my banning. so i nvr posted it.

First of all, your sense of humor has never came across anywhere near as good as Mike's. lol

Secondly, you are correct. I would definitely protest if you were threatened with banning for a comment as funny as that.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Secondly, you are correct. I would definitely protest if you were threatened with banning for a comment as funny as that.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
There is no difference considering both went out to prove how society would treat them if they were in the others shoes. The teen was treated bad, the fat girl was treated bad and the ugly girl was treated bad. In the end its all about the data and the data did not lie.

There is also stero typing studies too but I didnt care to put those in. Figured that it wouldnt be needed. As for my life experience, I really dont think you want to know about any off that.

Not really, its hard to draw a base line between yous two if I dont know when it happened. If it was 2 years ago, then I could be similar and if it was say 10+ yrs ago then its not similar at all.
Honey my daughter is almost 14... Many moons ago! lol
Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Honey my daughter is almost 14... Many moons ago! lol
Today I think you would have been treated far harsher, or possibly had an easier time knowing about it. Social networking, and easy interweb has changed the landscape for how kids act and react towards one another. Of course back in the 50's you would have went to visit your cousin for the summer so nobody would have found out..
Old 04-25-2011, 05:50 PM
BamaGrits84

I was a pregnant teen too. When I was 17 when my son was born. The comments and treatment by some people who call themselves Christians make me sick looking back. At the time I was too embarassed to stand up for myself. I was 7 months pregnant before I even showed my face in the church I had grown up in. The youth pastor was a jerk to me. He came in the Sunday school room the day of my baby shower, after having not spoken to me the whole time, and ask "Is everything under control for your bridal shower? I mean BABY shower?" I almost cried. Then ALL of my "friends" refused to speak to me until one Sunday a good family friend overheard one of them and prompotly anounced to the entire youth group that they could keep their giggles to themselves because the only difference in what I had done and them was the world could see my sins, but not to worry because most of their mothers were complaining about theirs. Jaws dropped because everyone in the group knew she knew they had had sex too. My grandmother, who is a Christian, told my mom I should have an abortion.

I don't think being a teen mom should be made easy though. I don't think people should treat you like it is okay. I think it is okay to let these girls know they have disappointed their parents, their friends, their siblings. Teen's having babies doesn't usually turn out well and at no point should it just be accepted. There is however a better way to address these mothers than with hatefulness.

I don't know what point she was trying to prove either. How teen moms get treated? I guess that can be two sided harshly. On one side it could discourage kids from getting pregnant. On another it could encourge abortion. Don't know what she is hoping to prove but I hope it is not accepting pregnant teens with open arms.