Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Default UFC signs Miller

MMA veteran middleweight, and star of the MTV show "Bully Beatdown" is headed to the UFC.

According to MMAfighting.com, Miller's manager Ryan Parsons has confirmed that Mayhem has indeed singed a multi fight deal with the promotion, and that his Strikeforce contract had expired, which opened the door for him to sign with the UFC. MIller last competed at DREAM 16 where he submitted MMA legend, Kazushi Sakuraba by arm triangle in the first round, although Mayhem hadn't fought for the Strikeforce promotion since he defeated Tim Stout last April.

Many MMA fans are familiar with Miller, as he's one of the sports most popular fighters. However, this isn't Mayhem's first run in the UFC, as some might remember his octagon appearance at UFC 52: Couture vs. Liddell, where he dropped a unanimous decision to then up and comer, Georges St. Pierre.

With Mayhem now in the UFC, it not only opens the door for many match ups, but also now makes it possible for Mayhem to coach "The Ultimate Fighter", which could make for some very entertaining television. In fact, earlier this month, Mayhem tweeted UFC president Dana White about giving him a shot as a coach on the show.

@DanaWhite Chael cant make it to the party? Id happily be the American Hero. Put me on TUF, watch the ratings explode.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 PM
rearnakedchoke

i don't know what he is gonna do at mw in the ufc .... seems to me there are a lot of guys he won't be able to beat ... but dana doesn't always sign someone cuz he knows they will do well, but that they will put butts in the seats ... maybe dana signed him to fight bisping and do TUF .. seeing as sonnen is still having issues and mayehm will probably draw a new audience, i wouldn't be surprised

edit ... LOL .. just read the article, he is already asking for TUF ...

Last edited by rearnakedchoke; 04-22-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 PM
suntereo

miller vs. leben
miller vs. wanderlei
miller vs. akiyama
miller vs. belcher

i think he could win these fights. I also think that doing so would prepare him for the guys "he cant beat"
Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 PM

Great news!!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

OK.. first off.. this is GREAT news...

I have always been a fan of Jason... starting when he fought GSP.."way back".. GSP earned a win..

The first time I saw him was on HDnet.. he was a really sharp fighter.. but then I heard he lost to Frank Trigg.. IMO... if you lose to Frank Trigg... you shouldn't be allowed to fight again.. EVER...

I like his "WWF" style entrances... I seem to remember him round house kicking pinata... on his way to the cage..I like that he seems to say exactly what he things.. (which I don't always like.. but can appreciate)

but for the fights below....

miller vs. leben - GNP war... Leban wins UD...
miller vs. wanderlei - Jason is murdered... closed casket
miller vs. akiyama - A good fight... Jason gets the nod.. and both fighters are suspended for medical reasons after the fight for 300 days...

miller vs. belcher - ohh... good fight!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
miller vs. leben
miller vs. wanderlei
miller vs. akiyama
miller vs. belcher

i think he could win these fights. I also think that doing so would prepare him for the guys "he cant beat"
Yes, all those matchups sound good.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:01 AM
Liddellfan

Now all the UFC needs to do is sign Nick Diaz so he can give him a beat down
Old 04-24-2011, 06:36 AM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post

but for the fights below....

miller vs. leben - GNP war... Leban wins UD...
miller vs. wanderlei - Jason is murdered... closed casket
miller vs. akiyama - A good fight... Jason gets the nod.. and both fighters are suspended for medical reasons after the fight for 300 days...

miller vs. belcher - ohh... good fight!!!
Your probably right but it wouldnt supprise me if...

Miller submitted Leben

Miller got the split decision due to forcing Wand to wrestle the first rounds... ok that ones dumb.

Miller beat Akiyamas legs and ribs to a pulp and then put him out.

Miller vs Belcher - I think this is the one that ends up a sd with 300 day suspensions
Old 04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
County Mike

Mayhem would be great for TUF. He's very entertaining.