Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Black Mamba

Default Obama opens up stem cell work, science inquiries

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090309/...ama_stem_cells

As someone who will go into research if the medical field doesn't work, then I'm interested to see how all this is going to mesh. Part of me is stoked to see this happen because of the strong potential impact this will have on people who are suffering. I am all for finding cures, especially since some things hit close to home. But I do hope this doesn't get too crazy.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:36 AM
huan

More disgusting rubbish from the Obama administration. The fact is that embryonic stem cells can be gathered from umbilical cord blood, which is completely ethical and does not require ending the life of a baby.

Harvesting human beings in a petri dish for embryonic stem cell research is nothing short of murder.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

I'm completely against abortion, but if the government is going to allow that crap, we might as well use the stem cells to save others.

The real war should be against the murder of innocents.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan
More disgusting rubbish from the Obama administration. The fact is that embryonic stem cells can be gathered from umbilical cord blood, which is completely ethical and does not require ending the life of a baby.

Harvesting human beings in a petri dish for embryonic stem cell research is nothing short of murder.

I've said all along that cord blood is just thrown away after most deliveries in the US. Disgusts me the amt of waste there is when we could use all of those stem cells for science and research. Also, there are stem cells in breast milk. There are many resources of great cells to use, no need to harvest from dead babies.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Administrator

So I guess the hippocratic oath, no longer applies to medicine? Y'know, the part that says, "never do harm to anyone"?

With this kind of research, we are making ourselves more and more like Nazi Germany:

1. The Nazi doctors truly believed that their research was being carried out for the good of humanity. They believed they were ushering in a golden age of health and they would be able to cure every disease and medical disorder.

2. Like modern doctors, the Nazis believed that their test subjects were, in one way or another, less than human.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
So I guess the hippocratic oath, no longer applies to medicine? Y'know, the part that says, "never do harm to anyone"?

With this kind of research, we are making ourselves more and more like Nazi Germany:

1. The Nazi doctors truly believed that their research was being carried out for the good of humanity. They believed they were ushering in a golden age of health and they would be able to cure every disease and medical disorder.

2. Like modern doctors, the Nazis believed that their test subjects were, in one way or another, less than human.

And this was signed after he signed that medical professionals could not decide against performing abortions due to their own moral code. Bush signed a law that I was protected by my choice from ever having to perform an abortion and Obama reversed it. Luckily I'll never have to since I won't work for a place that performs them.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:

Unfortunately, much of we know today about human anatomy and many cures/surgeries are a result of Dr. Josef Mengele and his research/sadistic beliefs.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:00 AM
atomdanger

Quote:

In fairness, Joseph Mengele learned a lot lol

ok, poor taste with that joke, but still.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
And this was signed after he signed that medical professionals could not decide against performing abortions due to their own moral code. Bush signed a law that I was protected by my choice from ever having to perform an abortion and Obama reversed it. Luckily I'll never have to since I won't work for a place that performs them.

~Amy
I read about that and I can't describe how angry it made me. Honestly, I had trouble believing it and, if it is true, then it's really good evidence that President Obama is 100% pure evil. The government can't force a doctor or nurse to commit an act that they consider murder. That's sickening. What kind of country does Obama think that he was elected the President of?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
In fairness, Joseph Mengele learned a lot lol

ok, poor taste with that joke, but still.
Considering that nearly all of my dad's family was exterminated in Auschwitz, then 'yes' very poor taste.