Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-20-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
Since I didn't have to sign any disclosure documents I'll spill some info. I worked for mass torts (mainly medical like drugs and artifical knee problems). Each case would have a code used to track ALL expenses. To use the copy machine you had to enter a code and clients are charged 10 cent (7 years ago) per page under percent plus expense. Travel cost would involve luxury hotels and fine dinning. I mean several hundred dollars for meals and then the client only sees is all lumped as "travel cost" and many poor people - the main client base - have no idea what resonable travel cost are. If we had to make a long distance call we entered the case cost code. They use software that requires legal assistants to log a cost code in for almost every task done on their computer. No penny is spent on a case that is not recovered if a win comes from it. People think "well 30% is not bad" (I've seen some up to 40% where allowed), but once you include cost it usually ends up being well over 60%.
Wow, that's very interesting, Bama! It's worse than I thought.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I never eat there, I can do without their mystery meat.

Commercial 100% beef is bacteria-ridden as it is.
So is the tap water (or well/pond water if you've had that) you've been drinking all of your life.

Quote:
I'm against class-action law suits in general. It's deteriorated to the point that that these days the participants end up with a check for $1.27 while the attys net millions. (think John Edwards)

Whenever we get a notice to join a class-action lawsuit, it goes in the circular file.

Agreed, hate all these stupid lawsuits that only make these greedy leeches rich.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:02 AM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
My better half does too, DM! He never tells me he has eaten there but I see the debit card receipts, lol!

Taco Bell is one of my guilty pleasures! It's so gross but I love it!

White Castle hamburgers are another. They are also called Rat Burgers in North Jersey. ohmygoodheavens I love them!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I just tried to find an article where Jere had a class action suit involving some residents who were impacted by I believe a chicken processing plant that was dumping waste. It happened within the state and the folks involved were pissed because of several millions won no one ended with with more than a few thousand dollars.

Since I didn't have to sign any disclosure documents I'll spill some info. I worked for mass torts (mainly medical like drugs and artifical knee problems). Each case would have a code used to track ALL expenses. To use the copy machine you had to enter a code and clients are charged 10 cent (7 years ago) per page under percent plus expense. Travel cost would involve luxury hotels and fine dinning. I mean several hundred dollars for meals and then the client only sees is all lumped as "travel cost" and many poor people - the main client base - have no idea what resonable travel cost are. If we had to make a long distance call we entered the case cost code. They use software that requires legal assistants to log a cost code in for almost every task done on their computer. No penny is spent on a case that is not recovered if a win comes from it. People think "well 30% is not bad" (I've seen some up to 40% where allowed), but once you include cost it usually ends up being well over 60%.
And that's part of the reason people despise attorney's! An honest Lawyer I believe is an endangered species!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
So is the tap water (or well/pond water if you've had that) you've been drinking all of your life.
Not really! I know there are allowable levels of poisons, etc. in drinking water but tap water is rigorously tested, by law.

Beef, on the other hand...

But then, I'm not the one with IBS.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Not really! I know there are allowable levels of poisons, etc. in drinking water but tap water is rigorously tested, by law.

Beef, on the other hand...

But then, I'm not the one with IBS.
LOL, well just like water goes through a filtration process, the bacteria in beef is killed as long as it is properly cooked.

Fortunately, beef hasn't been a problem for me. I'd rather die, I love beef!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, well just like water goes through a filtration process, the bacteria in beef is killed as long as it is properly cooked.

Fortunately, beef hasn't been a problem for me. I'd rather die, I love beef!
We do too! We just have to cook it well now.

No more of those great medium rare steaks...