Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So you think doing away with ALL private property is Noble? To have everything controlled by a select few is Noble? No thanks! Most Folk's work harder and better when they get to choose how their money is used. The only one that can have the kind of power Communism gives to the ruling class without being corrupted is the Good Lord his self! As for the book of Acts I don't recall any Communism in it! I'm assuming your talking about the King James Bible?


By the way I ain't against safety nets for those that are truly in need but I am against Government seizure of ALL private property!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

If you read the Old Testament, the bible is very clearly on the side of respecting private property. GOD knew that if the Jews felt a sense of personal ownership in the land of Israel, that they would care for it much better and protect it more vigilantly, than if it was just all community property.

Just look at public parks and public roads, nobody cares about them because nobody really owns them. If people have no sense of ownership, then there is no reason to take care of property.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
So you think doing away with ALL private property is Noble? To have everything controlled by a select few is Noble? No thanks! Most Folk's work harder and better when they get to choose how their money is used. The only one that can have the kind of power Communism gives to the ruling class without being corrupted is the Good Lord his self! As for the book of Acts I don't recall any Communism in it! I'm assuming your talking about the King James Bible?


By the way I ain't against safety nets for those that are truly in need but I am against Government seizure of ALL private property!
Do you ever LISTEN to what I say?

Did I not tell you that on a country size Communism as a political system doesnt work?

but in a Kabbutz it does just fine...and YES in a Monastic Foundation what do you think the Monks and Nuns "owned" ???? The land belonged to the Church, the provisions were provided for by the Church...and if you want to enter a true monastic foundation now you have to GIVE AWAY your WORLDLY goods!!

Find it hard to depend on GOD alone for your needs? (remember, I've had a few years experience of living in a Religious Community, not under any Shared wealth though...but I understand the concept having worked alongside Nuns who DO!

This has nothing to do with inequality or poverty. You dont care about the poverty and distruction and slavery. what YOU care about is the Government. The Americans are all frightened that if they give their Government any power at all it will abuse the position. Maybe they are right, but unlike most of the rest of the world they've never experienced it...and...whilst we're at it, lets not also forget the selfishness involved

Its not like your worry is for other countries under communism...its purely a worry for YOURSELF against YOUR government. So long as your Government leaves you to anarchy on the whole you dont mind. Infact, you probably hate your government right now for bailing out banks and stuff. Which just goes to show how introspective this is for you. Whilst you americans were trying to stall your Government...you pushed major parts of Europe into Nationaliszation on a financial front. Congratulations for just CAUSING Other Governments to enslave their peoples out of neccessety becuase of your Greedy and selfish Civilians who caused this problem in the first place!!!

I try to be reasonable. I try to show you the TRUTH, but you dont want to see. You care about yourself, and thats the basis of it. So long as you are free. So long as you are safe from your Government...so individualistic, no wonder you have trouble thinking of a system which puts the collective above the individuals, and an ethical system which looks after the MAJORITY rather then the minority...your to frightened of being in that minority...and for the first time some of you guys are feeling it with the rise of Obama...finally you are learning that in a Democratic state, republic or not, a MAJORITY wins...if you are not that majority you LOSE.

Welcome to the real world.

I'd like you to tell me about Saint Stephen in the new testament...I'd like for you to tell me what his role was? what his specific function was. I'd like for you to explain how that was the start of the end of the Pauline Kabbutz and the SPECIFIC reason the Apostles ended their Kabbutz...youll be horrified at that as I was.
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 03-10-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
If you read the Old Testament, the bible is very clearly on the side of respecting private property. GOD knew that if the Jews felt a sense of personal ownership in the land of Israel, that they would care for it much better and protect it more vigilantly, than if it was just all community property.

Just look at public parks and public roads, nobody cares about them because nobody really owns them. If people have no sense of ownership, then there is no reason to take care of property.
Ownership?

The book of Acts CLEARLY shows a Kabbutz..a SHARED wealth and belongings and COLLECTIVE responsibility.

You've been in the Army, dont tell me you dont understand the principles of Sacrifice and COLLECTIVE Team ownership, responsibility. Dont tell me that you dont know what its like to have the State in someway provide for you enmass like they do in the Armed Forces. Did you "OWN" your barracks? could you bring every bit of property you wanted to "bootcamp" with you?

GOD even speaks of Israel as if to personify into a SINGLE entity, a MASS of people.

I know you understand what I'm saying. You might dissagree with me, but you can see what I'm saying. I'm not sure if KRB can understand me or really doesnt see what I'm talking about.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

I think Ronald Reagan got it spot on and this is my view on communism!

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I think Ronald Reagan got it spot on and this is my view on communism!

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Time to break into Obama's library.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The book of Acts CLEARLY shows a Kabbutz..a SHARED wealth and belongings and COLLECTIVE responsibility.
Exactly which passage in Acts are you talking about?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I think Ronald Reagan got it spot on and this is my view on communism!

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Nice!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-11-2009, 07:38 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm gonna try to correct some of your mistakes here! First it ain't just me being selfish and greedy as you claim! I strongly believe that the Freedom and capitalism does more good for more people than any communist Government! As for us causing the rest of the world all them problems. Why ain't they calling the shots for their own Country? Americans tend to be a Generous people as long as you don't try a demand things from us! We like to help of our own free will. However we do NOT want to be ordered around like little Children! As for the Bank bailouts, YES I DO RESENT THAT! Let them take some responsibility for their own screw ups. I can sympathize with Folks who lost a job through no fault of their own but it ain't our job to bail out Folks that don't know how to run a business. Now onto the selfish Freedom thing! Of course we expect freedom! Our Ancestors faught a war for it! I also believe that without our help the rest of the world would have lost to Hitler. As for the Monks. As long as they are there of their own free will, knew and accepted the rules going in. Then that's their choice not mine! If you think Communism is such a Noble concept I won't stop you from going where ever it is you need to in order to live under it. Before you go however you can post chapter and verse on where exactly in the Bible it endorses Communism cause I sure don't remember reading it. In fact Folk's in the Bible did own property. At least some did! You see here in America the way it was originally set up the Governments job was to protect the Peoples Freedom, not take it from them. In fact our founders believed that our rights come not from the Government but from God! You have already admitted its a failure on a large scale so it boggles the mind that you still think its a Noble thing!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
I'm gonna try to correct some of your mistakes here! First it ain't just me being selfish and greedy as you claim! I strongly believe that the Freedom and capitalism does more good for more people than any communist Government! As for us causing the rest of the world all them problems. Why ain't they calling the shots for their own Country? Americans tend to be a Generous people as long as you don't try a demand things from us! We like to help of our own free will. However we do NOT want to be ordered around like little Children! As for the Bank bailouts, YES I DO RESENT THAT! Let them take some responsibility for their own screw ups. I can sympathize with Folks who lost a job through no fault of their own but it ain't our job to bail out Folks that don't know how to run a business. Now onto the selfish Freedom thing! Of course we expect freedom! Our Ancestors faught a war for it! I also believe that without our help the rest of the world would have lost to Hitler. As for the Monks. As long as they are there of their own free will, knew and accepted the rules going in. Then that's their choice not mine! If you think Communism is such a Noble concept I won't stop you from going where ever it is you need to in order to live under it. Before you go however you can post chapter and verse on where exactly in the Bible it endorses Communism cause I sure don't remember reading it. In fact Folk's in the Bible did own property. At least some did! You see here in America the way it was originally set up the Governments job was to protect the Peoples Freedom, not take it from them. In fact our founders believed that our rights come not from the Government but from God! You have already admitted its a failure on a large scale so it boggles the mind that you still think its a Noble thing!

1) No Taxation without representation!

2)Nazi Germnay may well of conquered the whole of mainlain Europe and maybe Russia if they weren't fighting on two fronts. However i wouldn't of bet against the Red Machine turning the tide.

And one nation stands alone, You will know of the Battle of Britain, you will know that British pilots, heroes flew in the skies and repelled Germany's offensive to invade this beloved Isle. Nay, this nation has only been truly conquered once by them warlike Normans and they were a fine race!

However the point being Nazi Germany was beaten and givena bloody nose by us Brits, i contest that we would not have been conquered, the fact is, we went and that cannot be denied.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsKDG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkTw3...eature=related

I ask you to listen for two minutes! The sacrifice we as a nation made was great to fight this tyranny and i maintain that we always would have.

However, the American entry into the war of course turned things in Europe and helped immensely in the war being won. However we all bled together to fight that evil and it was not communism but fascism.

And i promise that this year i am going to the fields in Belgium,Flanders, Yrpes and elsewhere to see and pay my respects for all the Allied forces that fought in the great wars. I have to do that this year i feel and i will thank and appreciate the sacrifice made by so many young men.

3) i personally with my limited knowledge think Communism is brilliant, in its principle, in what it means, it sounds superb but like many things in principle it sounds great, the reality of it, is just not viable and it would never work without comprimising its truths. Which means that i dont believe in it.

I am a capitalist baby, it is all i know and i guess i would say that this is he form of soceity i believe in, but i think there are many flaws also and that it indeed needs soe work!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.