Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 04-13-2011, 09:23 PM

Default The Killing

I stumbled onto an interesting show this weekend. I was changing channels and came across a new show called The Killing. It is on AMC on Sunday nights and this weekend was the 3rd episode. The series is about the murder of a high school girl who is found drowned in the trunk of a car belonging to a prominent local politician. The entire series will follow the investigation of this one crime. The show is based on a series that was a huge hit in Denmark. It was subsequently shown in the UK on the BBC with subtitles and was again a hit. The American version is set in Seattle and follows the lead detective, a young petite red-haired lady who is assigned the case on her last day of work before a move to California. The series has a mood and pace that really draws in the viewer. Because the pace is slow and riveting, they are able to develop the characters and follow several plot lines. It was so interesting, I went online and watched the first two episodes to get up to speed. The first three episodes are online at AMC
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-killing
Old 04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Primadawn

I'm going to go online and watch! I saw the previews a while back, but forgot to check back and set DVR for it! It looks really good!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 PM
billwilliams70

This show is really good.

I like the characters the best.....they really get us involved with what's going on.

Later.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Apparently whoever it is that runs the UFC's twitter account likes this show, too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @UFC
Who's running this mma match on The Killing tonight? Don't they have weight classes?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Apparently whoever it is that runs the UFC's twitter account likes this show, too:
I think that was more of a tough-guy contest with MMA type rules.

Later.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 AM

My sister has been watching this; I didn't know anything about it until she mentioned it last Sunday and then I saw this thread. I just caught last week's episode they replayed this morning and then watched tonight's episode. I need to go to the link and watch the first episodes leading up to tonight, but I'm definitely hooked.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who didn't see tonight's episode; I'll just say it leaves you with this sick, awful "Oh no!" realization...

I can't wait for next week's episode!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:12 PM
billwilliams70

Yes, last night's episode left me feeling the same way Bonnie.

Although I like the show, I'm growing tired of just about every episode ending back at square one....and we're no closer to finding out who killed Rosie.

Later.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
My sister has been watching this; I didn't know anything about it until she mentioned it last Sunday and then I saw this thread. I just caught last week's episode they replayed this morning and then watched tonight's episode. I need to go to the link and watch the first episodes leading up to tonight, but I'm definitely hooked.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who didn't see tonight's episode; I'll just say it leaves you with this sick, awful "Oh no!" realization...

I can't wait for next week's episode!
Bonnie, last week I missed about 20 minutes of the episode and I went on-line to try to watch it. At one time there were free episodes on the website but it appears that they are not available any longer. Under the "Schedule" header there is a "Where to Watch" link which list several pay options for viewing (iTunes, etc.). Unfortunately, it looks like they are charging about $2 an episode.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70 View Post
Yes, last night's episode left me feeling the same way Bonnie.

Although I like the show, I'm growing tired of just about every episode ending back at square one....and we're no closer to finding out who killed Rosie.

Later.
Because it is an entire series revolving around one crime, they have to have a lot of "red herrings" to stretch out the plot for a season. I am getting a little annoyed at some of the political messages they are pushing.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:46 AM

Thanks Play for that info. I hate that I missed the very beginning, but...

Btw, Play, I happened to catch last week's episode Sunday morning when they replayed it. So if you miss any more, you might be able to catch a replay of it.