Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
The same kampmann who got knocked into next week by daley?
The same Kos who held him down for 3 rounds..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Just watched the fights last night.. Keith did a great job.. and I was thinking the joudges might have given that to him.. cause of the point deduction...

was really surprised by that fight...Mousassi didn't have a better gas tank.. and Keith took the fight on WAY short notice...

I also couldn't belive that I was loving the taunting that Diaz was doing.. it's the same thing he does to all fighters.. and I normally hate it.. but I was almost... ALMOST ....cheering for him....
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

the guys i named are fighting the best guys in the world ... sure they have lost, but they are fighting the best ... it may look like diaz has improved the most, but he's been fighting scrubs like shamrock, cyborg, the whitemare .. none of these guys would be able to survive in the ufc ...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the guys i named are fighting the best guys in the world ... sure they have lost, but they are fighting the best ... it may look like diaz has improved the most, but he's been fighting scrubs like shamrock, cyborg, the whitemare .. none of these guys would be able to survive in the ufc ...
Agreed. Although I do give Diaz credit for being a good fighter. But to go as far as saying that he would walkthrough GSP? Not in a Thousand Years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the guys i named are fighting the best guys in the world ... sure they have lost, but they are fighting the best ... it may look like diaz has improved the most, but he's been fighting scrubs like shamrock, cyborg, the whitemare .. none of these guys would be able to survive in the ufc ...
But he just knocked out daley who has fought those guys in the ufc and did well and hes also way more well rounded then daley.... I dont really see your point???

Only people i see beating diaz are GSP and maybe fitch... Possible alves too if he showed up in good shape... Kampmann couldnt beat shileds or daley i doubt he beats diaz... n diego? I dont think he is as good as he was even 4 years ago.. He got his ass beat by hathaway a couple fights ago... He has pretty much been stagnent while diaz has improved tenfold.. N baby j would gas under the presssure diaz brings
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
no doubt that diaz brings it everytime . but he'd get owned by the top ufc guys ... i'd see him losing to kampmann, kos, fitch, penn, alves and probably diego again ... i think it was an early stoppage, but daley wasn't getting off the stool if there was a second .. he was gassed bad ...

melendez looked good too .. he really loves those elbows ..
When are people that dislike Diaz going to just face it. He can fight and sorry he would definitely handle any of the fighters you named. I think him and Penn would battle it out the best..But come on Kos? LMAO.. Alves!?! Diego sucks and is overrated..if anybody deserves most overrated its that guy..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The fights were awesome.. One thing I did not like was the crowd boo'd Jake Shields. I'm a bit over people being disrespectful . I am happy Nicholas performed so good. I don't feel he was in any danger at all. He had a very good gameplan stuck to it and won. All this jibberish about them stopping the fight too early is garbage. Daley lost end of story.

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-11-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I also couldn't belive that I was loving the taunting that Diaz was doing.. it's the same thing he does to all fighters.. and I normally hate it.. but I was almost... ALMOST ....cheering for him....
hee, same here, Spirit!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-11-2011, 05:18 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
When are people that dislike Diaz going to just face it. He can fight and sorry he would definitely handle any of the fighters you named. I think him and Penn would battle it out the best..But come on Kos? LMAO.. Alves!?! Diego sucks and is overrated..if anybody deserves most overrated its that guy..
it has nothing to do with hating diaz ... i just don't get impressed by guys going on a 10 fight win streak and beating nobody top or even close (paul daley is top 10 apparently, but i dont' rank him high, he is a one dimensional fighter) ... right now i would put diaz outside the top 10 based on the level of competition he has faced ...
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
But he just knocked out daley who has fought those guys in the ufc and did well and hes also way more well rounded then daley.... I dont really see your point???

Only people i see beating diaz are GSP and maybe fitch... Possible alves too if he showed up in good shape... Kampmann couldnt beat shileds or daley i doubt he beats diaz... n diego? I dont think he is as good as he was even 4 years ago.. He got his ass beat by hathaway a couple fights ago... He has pretty much been stagnent while diaz has improved tenfold.. N baby j would gas under the presssure diaz brings
mmath doesn't work man .. the guys in the ufc fight the best or close to it each time they fight ... diaz doesn't ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.