Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
The same kampmann who got knocked into next week by daley?
The same Kos who held him down for 3 rounds..
Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Just watched the fights last night.. Keith did a great job.. and I was thinking the joudges might have given that to him.. cause of the point deduction...

was really surprised by that fight...Mousassi didn't have a better gas tank.. and Keith took the fight on WAY short notice...

I also couldn't belive that I was loving the taunting that Diaz was doing.. it's the same thing he does to all fighters.. and I normally hate it.. but I was almost... ALMOST ....cheering for him....
Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

the guys i named are fighting the best guys in the world ... sure they have lost, but they are fighting the best ... it may look like diaz has improved the most, but he's been fighting scrubs like shamrock, cyborg, the whitemare .. none of these guys would be able to survive in the ufc ...
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the guys i named are fighting the best guys in the world ... sure they have lost, but they are fighting the best ... it may look like diaz has improved the most, but he's been fighting scrubs like shamrock, cyborg, the whitemare .. none of these guys would be able to survive in the ufc ...
Agreed. Although I do give Diaz credit for being a good fighter. But to go as far as saying that he would walkthrough GSP? Not in a Thousand Years.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
But he just knocked out daley who has fought those guys in the ufc and did well and hes also way more well rounded then daley.... I dont really see your point???

Only people i see beating diaz are GSP and maybe fitch... Possible alves too if he showed up in good shape... Kampmann couldnt beat shileds or daley i doubt he beats diaz... n diego? I dont think he is as good as he was even 4 years ago.. He got his ass beat by hathaway a couple fights ago... He has pretty much been stagnent while diaz has improved tenfold.. N baby j would gas under the presssure diaz brings
Old 04-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
no doubt that diaz brings it everytime . but he'd get owned by the top ufc guys ... i'd see him losing to kampmann, kos, fitch, penn, alves and probably diego again ... i think it was an early stoppage, but daley wasn't getting off the stool if there was a second .. he was gassed bad ...

melendez looked good too .. he really loves those elbows ..
When are people that dislike Diaz going to just face it. He can fight and sorry he would definitely handle any of the fighters you named. I think him and Penn would battle it out the best..But come on Kos? LMAO.. Alves!?! Diego sucks and is overrated..if anybody deserves most overrated its that guy..
Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Miss Foxy

The fights were awesome.. One thing I did not like was the crowd boo'd Jake Shields. I'm a bit over people being disrespectful . I am happy Nicholas performed so good. I don't feel he was in any danger at all. He had a very good gameplan stuck to it and won. All this jibberish about them stopping the fight too early is garbage. Daley lost end of story.

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-11-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
I also couldn't belive that I was loving the taunting that Diaz was doing.. it's the same thing he does to all fighters.. and I normally hate it.. but I was almost... ALMOST ....cheering for him....
hee, same here, Spirit!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
When are people that dislike Diaz going to just face it. He can fight and sorry he would definitely handle any of the fighters you named. I think him and Penn would battle it out the best..But come on Kos? LMAO.. Alves!?! Diego sucks and is overrated..if anybody deserves most overrated its that guy..
it has nothing to do with hating diaz ... i just don't get impressed by guys going on a 10 fight win streak and beating nobody top or even close (paul daley is top 10 apparently, but i dont' rank him high, he is a one dimensional fighter) ... right now i would put diaz outside the top 10 based on the level of competition he has faced ...
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
But he just knocked out daley who has fought those guys in the ufc and did well and hes also way more well rounded then daley.... I dont really see your point???

Only people i see beating diaz are GSP and maybe fitch... Possible alves too if he showed up in good shape... Kampmann couldnt beat shileds or daley i doubt he beats diaz... n diego? I dont think he is as good as he was even 4 years ago.. He got his ass beat by hathaway a couple fights ago... He has pretty much been stagnent while diaz has improved tenfold.. N baby j would gas under the presssure diaz brings
mmath doesn't work man .. the guys in the ufc fight the best or close to it each time they fight ... diaz doesn't ...