Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default not very nice...

the Vatican have shifted around the bodies of some relics in order to put the remains of John Paul in a special place. Pope Innocent 11th has been, for want of a better term, exhumed from under an altar...to be paraded round the church and burried under...another altar...whats really very icky about all this...is that Pope Innocent 11th died in 1689...and his casket...is..um...SEE THROUGH!!!!!

if you pause the video at 53 seconds, you get a shot of a semi-preserved 450 odd year old corpse, whose head is sorta green and whose eyes appear to have...left the building.

Thats REALLY Gross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXEhrmK89CM
Old 04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

infact you can also see his juicey remains at 10 seconds, and 15 seconds, whats most alarming is that he's not skeletal after four centuries but looks kinda like a shrivled prune and at the end, it looks like his tomb isnt going to be sealed, so he's permanently on display under this altar...who could you possibly be focussed on receiving communion when your forever looking down into those empty eye sockets and green prune like skin?? Its not right that
Old 04-09-2011, 07:08 PM

Not going to look.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Not going to look.
go on...you know you want to!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
infact you can also see his juicey remains at 10 seconds, and 15 seconds, whats most alarming is that he's not skeletal after four centuries but looks kinda like a shrivled prune and at the end, it looks like his tomb isnt going to be sealed, so he's permanently on display under this altar...who could you possibly be focussed on receiving communion when your forever looking down into those empty eye sockets and green prune like skin?? Its not right that

He does look green, but I think his lids are just closed. What do you mean by juicey? It's hard to see much at 10 secs, but I did notice his right hand down by his side (I think that was his hand) at 15 secs.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What do you mean by juicey?
What I mean is...for someone whose been dead 400 years and has not been mumified...he looks rather more....fleshy...then one might presume. He's a bit gaunt, but he's far from skelletal
Old 04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
DonnaMaria

Really disturbing. Really.

I guess this is another reason why Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven...........

Cause He knew that if He didn’t, the Vatican would someday exhume His body and put it on display too.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Really disturbing. Really.

I guess this is another reason why Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven...........

Cause He knew that if He didn’t, the Vatican would someday exhume His body and put it on display too.
They'd bring him out EVERY EASTER They already have a ceremony called "Exposition of The Blessed Sacrement" which is when after they have consecrated the Host at Communion, and are under the belief that the Wafer has been transubstantiated and IS Jesus, they put it in a hand held box (known as a Monstrance) and they wave it around and then leave it somewhere for everyone to...erm...look at

The last time I saw something like this from Rome was from their Cathedral Dedicated to John the Baptist...in which their is a little sorta display cabinate...with his Finger inside

Unfortunately the finger appears to be the middle finger...and its standing up rather like a candle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catef/340425274/

I even think its proped up IN a candle holder

Last edited by Tyburn; 04-11-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:09 PM
DonnaMaria

Ewww! I’ve seen the finger before! Gross!!!

I remember getting communion for the first time after my first “holy” communion. My friend Merilee went before me and we were kneeling in the pew side by side praying when suddenly she started digging in her teeth with her finger.

One of the nuns came over and hissed into her ear “Merilee what on Earth are you doing!”

And Merilee said “I’m sorry Sister Agness but I have Jesus stuck in my teeth!”

We BOTH got our hair pulled! Because of what Merliee said and because I started laughing!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
Ewww! I’ve seen the finger before! Gross!!!

I remember getting communion for the first time after my first “holy” communion. My friend Merilee went before me and we were kneeling in the pew side by side praying when suddenly she started digging in her teeth with her finger.

One of the nuns came over and hissed into her ear “Merilee what on Earth are you doing!”

And Merilee said “I’m sorry Sister Agness but I have Jesus stuck in my teeth!”

We BOTH got our hair pulled! Because of what Merliee said and because I started laughing!!!!!