Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i've always said i thought Matt and Brock were alike and now Matt says it too. i don't know why so many guys here don't like Brock? maybe his personality? i've always looked at him as a young HW Matt Hughes. both came from farm life, still live on farms, both are decorated collegiate wrestlers, both use takedowns and GnP. both have been accused of being arrogant or cocky. oh well, Brock will get the submission game going and we'll see where that takes him?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Jeff Crow's Avatar
Jeff Crow Jeff Crow is offline
Crowbar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nokomis, IL
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i've always said i thought Matt and Brock were alike and now Matt says it too. i don't know why so many guys here don't like Brock? maybe his personality? i've always looked at him as a young HW Matt Hughes. both came from farm life, still live on farms, both are decorated collegiate wrestlers, both use takedowns and GnP. both have been accused of being arrogant or cocky. oh well, Brock will get the submission game going and we'll see where that takes him?
I think most people still don't like the fact that a WWE guy came in a won the title. Hopefully people can get over that and see him for the fighter that he is now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:47 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Here're some photos from the Washington DC trip:






__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Can we get a full length shot of Matt in the suit? I wanna see his shoes...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
Can we get a full length shot of Matt in the suit? I wanna see his shoes...
Are you afraid he might be wearing crocs?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Primadawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Are you afraid he might be wearing crocs?

HAHA! Just gotta make sure we're sending satisfactory representatives to DC!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow
I think most people still don't like the fact that a WWE guy came in a won the title. Hopefully people can get over that and see him for the fighter that he is now.
that's the thing, he's not just a WWE guy. he was an NCAA DIV I HW wrestling champ long before. the WWE offered him 250,000 dollars and that was more than he could make coaching wrestling, so he took it. i believe his exact words were, "i didn't have a pot to piss in."

he still has a lot of work but with wrestling as his base, he can dominate (as long as he stays away from Fedor) while he fine tunes other areas. just as Matt did early on in his career.

Last edited by Hughes_GOAT; 03-09-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
Can we get a full length shot of Matt in the suit? I wanna see his shoes...
guy shoes too?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn
HAHA! Just gotta make sure we're sending satisfactory representatives to DC!!!
Here's an uncropped version of the last photo, you can see that Matt is wearing the appropriate foot gear:

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Are you afraid he might be wearing crocs?
worst looking shoes eva!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.