Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
Abdul Mohammed didnt get in.
He's abit beyond Tuf Status. They are more likely to pop him streight into a debut.

He's also...a tad clueless

He seems to be everywhere I go. I go to Cage Rage, there he is, I go to cage Gladiators...he's there aswell...I'm off to The Tenth Legion in Hull to meet Jess Liaudin

you'll never guess whoelse is on the card

It was when he asked me if I knew what to do with the medical certificate thingy paperwork stuff at Cage Gladiators that I thought him a bit strange
Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 PM
warriorlion

maybe since he sees you at all these events he thought you were an official. ever met ian dean the cage warriors promotor - wouldnt guess thats what he did by meeting him
Old 03-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
maybe since he sees you at all these events he thought you were an official. ever met ian dean the cage warriors promotor - wouldnt guess thats what he did by meeting him
who knows

I have never met anyone from Cage Warriors because they are a promotion based in the Midlands and south. All my dealings have been North, Cage Gladiators based in Liverpool, The Tenth Legion based near Hull, Cage Rage, but only when they traveled north...and there is several governing promotions up between Here, Newcastle and Cumbria

Dont suppose you know if Cage Warriors do shows NORTH of Doncastor
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Max

Ok Im gonna make a quick pick, not about who I think will win just about a certain fighter

Tom Hayden (4-0): A submission fighter, Hayden is trained by popular UFC veteran Jorge Gurgel in West Chester, Ohio.

Now the one thing that catches my eye is he is trained by Jorge Gurgel. Now what this tells me is that this guy might have great BJJ but we will never get to see it.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Ok Im gonna make a quick pick, not about who I think will win just about a certain fighter

Tom Hayden (4-0): A submission fighter, Hayden is trained by popular UFC veteran Jorge Gurgel in West Chester, Ohio.

Now the one thing that catches my eye is he is trained by Jorge Gurgel. Now what this tells me is that this guy might have great BJJ but we will never get to see it.
Hahaha. Jorge's fighter are like Chuck: they have a solid ground game, but they only use it so they can stand & bang!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
who knows

I have never met anyone from Cage Warriors because they are a promotion based in the Midlands and south. All my dealings have been North, Cage Gladiators based in Liverpool, The Tenth Legion based near Hull, Cage Rage, but only when they traveled north...and there is several governing promotions up between Here, Newcastle and Cumbria

Dont suppose you know if Cage Warriors do shows NORTH of Doncastor
as far as I know they do most of their shows in nottingham - so not exactly as far to travel as liverpool would be for you
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Hahaha. Jorge's fighter are like Chuck: they have a solid ground game, but they only use it so they can stand & bang!
Hahaha!

[
Old 03-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
6 weeks?
Pfft.

I can sit on my head for 6 weeks, I hate hearing people that were on TUF whine about how hard it was.
I hope none of them ever have to spend extended periods of time in jail.
I agree and disagree.

6 weeks isn't going to kill anyone that's for sure but in some ways these guys have less then guys in jail.. factor in the alcohol and "pressure" and the cards are stacked against them.

Still don't think it's impossible... but I can imagine it's more challenging then we realize.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM
warriorlion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max

thats not true in all cases. dustin haslett is jg trained
Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
as far as I know they do most of their shows in nottingham - so not exactly as far to travel as liverpool would be for you
how do you figure that one out