Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 03-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Jason 16

one of our guys Criss Reedy was accepted but decided not to go Iam still thinking WTF and this happend 2 month ago.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
one of our guys Criss Reedy was accepted but decided not to go Iam still thinking WTF and this happend 2 month ago.
Yeah, even some of guys who didn't win the show (which obviously make up the majority since there is only 1 winner for each weight class for each season) benefit from being on the show. They get exposure, the get to train with the greatest UFC fighters and their camps/coaches, and most of them get to come back and fight on the Finale and if they put on a good show they'll get asked back. Besides the solitary nature of the show (and the potential shenanigans one may have to endure) there are not to many negatives from being on the show
Old 03-10-2009, 07:00 PM
warriorlion

except being isolated from everything that you love, and everything normal for an extended period of time.

Some people cant face that. I can understand that
Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
except being isolated from everything that you love, and everything normal for an extended period of time.

Some people cant face that. I can understand that
6 weeks?
Pfft.

I can sit on my head for 6 weeks, I hate hearing people that were on TUF whine about how hard it was.
I hope none of them ever have to spend extended periods of time in jail.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
6 weeks?
Pfft.

I can sit on my head for 6 weeks,

I can't sit on my head at all. How do you sit on your own head?
Pics or Shens!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
logrus

Who cares about TUF anymore, its nothing more then cheap reality now. Might as well move to the Reality channel on cable. No "O" but I miss the way the first couple of seasons were done.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I keep hoping they'll concentrate more on the fighting and training and less on the stupidity!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Thanks to MMAWeekly

A lot of Mid-Westerners, a few Miletich guys, Team Quest, IFL, WEC and UFC vets; some of the US guys have crazy credentials and a lot of experience. The UK is already behind a few years in the MMA game (just like the East Coast was behind the West Coast for a while) and then they have to go and face these Americans with their impressive histories and camps. This should should be a pretty good season, I feel like I can get behind these fighters (as opposed to Bader or Junie) and relate/root for them. I tell you what kids, living in a different country really makes you appreciate your home land. (Single tear rolls down cheek as Star Spangled Banner plays in the distance as I stand in front of the American flag, hand over heart.)

I wonder how they are going to pick the first 16. Are the Brits going to have to fight each other to claim a place on the UK team, and the Americans the same. Or are they going to go US vs. UK right away... because that could lead to disproportionate team numbers if one country (Read: America) qualifies more representatives.
HEY I KNOW some of those!!

Jason Pierce I've heard of, Jason Dent I've heard of, Che Mills I talked to and seen fight, David Faulkner i've seen fight, Tommy Maguire ive heard of, cant recall if ive seen him or not, Gary Kelly and Ross Pearson I've heard of.

I'm glad that Che Mills got in

its a shame none of the Suckerpunch Fighters got on the US team though
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
I spoke too soon

MMAJunkie
the question you should be asking yourself is, which high class fighter did he end up replacing?

I bet it was the nicest guy on the team...would be just our luck
Old 03-15-2009, 02:40 PM
warriorlion

I still cant believe that Jimmy Wallhead and Abdul Mohammed didnt get in.

However one of the guys is from Swansea and is the brother of a guy I have trained with. Will be looking to see how well he does