Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Papal Decrees

lets see just how much of what he actually says is sound theology...because as far as Rome is concerned, this style of Decree is what binds up and lets loose in both realms (not that I believe that personally, but thats what Rome Believes)

"the Christian Life is to Live Baptism"
Old 04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

To the Syro-Malabar (Roman Catholic Churches in India)

Bishops Must: reinforce the principles of Christian life in a society where the bonds of the family and the values of common life are dissolving. Special attention must be given so that Catholics know the teaching of the Church on the indissolubility of marriage, while to young people the way of chastity must be proposed
Old 04-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
To the Syro-Malabar (Roman Catholic Churches in India)

Bishops Must: reinforce the principles of Christian life in a society where the bonds of the family and the values of common life are dissolving. Special attention must be given so that Catholics know the teaching of the Church on the indissolubility of marriage, while to young people the way of chastity must be proposed
seems pretty inline with the bible unless you read the rest of the article and come to find out you have to kiss the feet of a Mary statue.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
seems pretty inline with the bible unless you read the rest of the article and come to find out you have to kiss the feet of a Mary statue.
what artical I got this from his video address
Old 04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

"Death is for us like a wall that prevents us from seeing beyond it, yet our heart reaches out beyond this wall, although we can not know what it hides. It is this " reality that transcends the limits of our reason" that even among Christians raises "doubts" and "confusion", and it requires an act of faith. But there is another death - spiritual death, sin - which threatens to ruin the life of every man. To defeat death, Christ Died, and His Ressurection is not a return to his previous life, but the opening of a new reality, a new land finally reunited with the GOD of Heaven"

Speaking Urbi Et Orbi
Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
"Death is for us like a wall that prevents us from seeing beyond it, yet our heart reaches out beyond this wall, although we can not know what it hides. It is this " reality that transcends the limits of our reason" that even among Christians raises "doubts" and "confusion", and it requires an act of faith. But there is another death - spiritual death, sin - which threatens to ruin the life of every man. To defeat death, Christ Died, and His Ressurection is not a return to his previous life, but the opening of a new reality, a new land finally reunited with the GOD of Heaven"

Speaking Urbi Et Orbi
seems about right
Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 PM

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/ne...pope-explains/

Quote:
Christ’s resurrection conquered 'wall' of spiritual death, Pope explains
Vatican City, Apr 10, 2011 / 11:48 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The resurrection of Lazarus showed Christ’s victory over physical death, but Jesus' crucifixion defeated the “spiritual death” of sin, said Pope Benedict XVI at the Sunday Angelus.

Death, the Pope said, is like "a wall" that impedes man from seeing what lies beyond. "Our heart pushes out beyond this wall, and even if we cannot know what it hides, we still think about it, we imagine it, expressing ... our desire for eternity."

Christ, in his resurrection, destroyed this "wall of death," the Pope told those gathered in St. Peter’s Square.

Sunday's Gospel reading from St. John recounted Jesus’ words to Martha in the moments before he raised her brother Lazarus from the dead.

Pope Benedict explained that Jesus proposed a complete "novelty" when he proclaimed himself "the resurrection and the life" and said "whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live."

This new conception of the resurrection "breaks down and goes beyond every barrier."

"Christ destroys the wall of death. In him dwells all the fullness of God, who is life, eternal life," the Pope said.

Christ had thus conquered physical death and Lazarus' resurrection was "a sign of his full dominion over (it)."

The "spiritual death" of sin, however, posed "the toughest fight" for Christ, who paid "the price of the cross" to defeat it.

"To conquer this death, Christ died, and his resurrection is not the return to the former life, but the opening to a new reality, a 'new earth,' finally joined together again with the heaven of God."

The Pope cited the words of St. Paul to the Romans, "If the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also, through his Spirit dwelling in you."

Each person, said the Pope, aspires to this "personal resurrection" made possible through Christ's death.

Although faith in the resurrection and eternal life may be accompanied by doubt and confusion, even from Christians, "it is always about a reality that goes beyond the limits of our reason, and requires an act of faith," he said.

Pope Benedict concluded his Angelus address with a call for everyone to turn to the Virgin Mary in prayer that she might assist them in discovering salvation in Christ.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
I don't agree with that part of what he said (below); but I think you're stretching it a bit, unless the article I found (above post) that seems to have the quotes Dave is using is not correct and there is a different one that says he said, "kiss the feet of a Mary statue"(?).

"Pope Benedict concluded his Angelus address with a call for everyone to turn to the Virgin Mary in prayer that she might assist them in discovering salvation in Christ."

Last edited by Bonnie; 04-10-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:15 AM
cheachea

I wonder if this pope is under Jesuit control.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
I wonder if this pope is under Jesuit control.

What does that mean? I'm honestly curious.

~Amy

My son made this for me: