Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:44 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

3 miles from my house at a Jr. High school this morning a 7th grade boy stabbed a Sheriffs Deputy in the stomach, shoulder and arm with a knife.
That's horrible.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a real problem with the police pepper spraying this kid.




They should have punted him across the room.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
They should have punted him across the room.

Prolly a bit less dangerous than using OC gas.. granted I wasn't there.. and it was most likely done to keep him safe as possible.l...

But I would have rather seen a cop step up and backhand the brat.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 04-06-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i am sure the cops didn't need to use the pepper spray, but it probably saved the kid some pain .. doesn't look like the parents are going to punish the kid ... if i had pulled a stunt like that, i'd hope to be tazed and thrown in jail for fear of the beats i'd get when i got home .. sigh, but it is a different time ...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i am sure the cops didn't need to use the pepper spray, but it probably saved the kid some pain .. doesn't look like the parents are going to punish the kid ... if i had pulled a stunt like that, i'd hope to be tazed and thrown in jail for fear of the beats i'd get when i got home .. sigh, but it is a different time ...
I know, right
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 PM
DonnaMaria
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I have a real problem with the police pepper spraying this kid.




They should have punted him across the room.



That made me laugh so hard coffee almost came out my nose!

Yeah, it is a sad, sad situation right now. Some kids are downright wild! Their parents should get the pepper spray!

Last Friday the preschool teacher in the room next to mine was choked with her own scarf by a wild student! She told him that it was time for him to give someone else a turn on the computer and he lost it! He threw the keyboard on the floor and knocked a table over and then when the teacher tried to restrain him he grabbed her scarf and pulled it up to choke her! She was turning red and her aide had to pry the kid off of her.

And this kid has no remorse about it. None. He was laughing too.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Wow, that's crazy stuff Chuck! Yeah, I noticed how that kid had a smirk on his face; it's almost like he's getting a kick out of the attention.
I was one of those kids.. I would laugh when I got a beat down.. My moms German she don't play I got hit with a paddle and or anything in site and I would laugh.. I am glad I did not end up some outlaw..
The kid probably has deeper issues than just being a brat.. Parents have a rough road ahead and I hope they do something or this guy will have a not so bright future...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

This reminds me of the debate we had on here about the old lady getting pulled over and the cop using excessive force with the taser.

I honestly do not see why the officers weren't able to get the stick away from the kid.
blinding the kid momentarily? what if he'd fallen and impaled himself. I'd be interested to see a video of how it happened exactly.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2011, 06:23 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
This reminds me of the debate we had on here about the old lady getting pulled over and the cop using excessive force with the taser.

I honestly do not see why the officers weren't able to get the stick away from the kid.
blinding the kid momentarily? what if he'd fallen and impaled himself. I'd be interested to see a video of how it happened exactly.
well, i also thought of that and i was given a hard time because i thought the cop did the right thing in tazing the old lady ... she repeatedly resisted arrest and was tazed for it ... then she lied about it later, and should have been tazed again ...

like i said in my post, i am sure the cops could have gotten the stick away from the kid, but we don't know exactly what happened ... at least in the video, the old lady was warned that she was going to get tazed and then lit up ...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
[/B]



Last Friday the preschool teacher in the room next to mine was choked with her own scarf by a wild student! She told him that it was time for him to give someone else a turn on the computer and he lost it! He threw the keyboard on the floor and knocked a table over and then when the teacher tried to restrain him he grabbed her scarf and pulled it up to choke her! She was turning red and her aide had to pry the kid off of her.

And this kid has no remorse about it. None. He was laughing too.
OMG.

I think rearnakedchoke had a good point; a healthy fear of one's parents reaction is a good deterrent. Some of these people that pass as "parents" today are pathetic. And the kids they're churning out reflect that. Of course, the schools can't lift a bloody finger or they are sued. I personally would get whacked by Sister Mary Steel Ruler when I was out of line...and with my parents full consent and approval.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.