Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Mayhem's Thoughts on the UFC MW Division

From MMAMania.com:

Quote:
I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I get the impression that Strikeforce middleweight contender Jason Miller thinks he's better than most 185-pounders.

"Mayhem" could find himself back inside the Octagon sooner rather than later thanks to last month's blockbuster acquisition that saw Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) become the new owner of Strikeforce.
And it's not enough to say you're better than most of the guys in your weight class, you have to go out and prove it.

Miller (24-7) made a Zuffa pit-stop at UFC 52: "Couture vs. Liddell 2" back in April 2005 where he was turned inside out by Georges "Rush" St. Pierre before heading back to the regional scene and eventually, Strikeforce.

After coming up short in his middleweight title fight in November 2009 against then-champion Jake Shields, Miller has gone 2-0 with two finishes and hopes to keep that momentum going in his next bout.

And if it just so happens to be under the UFC banner, he "guaran-damn-tees" a win.

"I will beat the brakes off most of the guys in the middleweight divisions in the UFC," Miller told the MMA Hour. "I guaran-damn-tee it. First of all, I'm glad that the Ultimate Fighter is getting back on track by putting two guys who are going to be absolutely entertaining on the television. You got the Republitard vs. The Limey. It's going to be great. It's a step in the right direction. But I still say, give me a break. I'm way more entertaining, and I'll beat both of those guys up."

"Mayhem" likes the idea of having Chael Sonnen (Republitard) and Michael Bisping (The Limey) coach Season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF). The dialog practically writes itself.

Unfortunately Sonnen's legal troubles may keep him benched and off the Spike TV reality show, but that doesn't mean he won't find his way into a showdown with "The Count" somewhere down the road.

And if "Spitsbing" isn't available, Miller sounds confident he'd take home the dubya if he took the Brit's place.

Jason Miller vs. Michael Bisping or Chael Sonnen. How do you see either of those fights unfolding?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

I have always like Mayhem.. funny guy.. and his entrance to the fights.. are almost as good as his fights... a bit over the top.. but still fun to watch..

Even watching him lose.. he still goes out a leaves it in the cage..

[edit]

As much as I do like him.. no.. I don't think I would place him in the top 10.. there is just too much talent in the MW class....
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM

I like Mayhem too. But I guess I would put him in the top 10, maybe at #7 or #8.

I'd love to see either one of those match-ups.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I like Mayhem too. But I guess I would put him in the top 10, maybe at #7 or #8.

I'd love to see either one of those match-ups.
Anyone that beat up Bisping is fine in my book.. but I don't see him beating Chael..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Uncle Chael would demolish him.. I like Jason, but not when he acts like a smart arse..
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Uncle Chael would demolish him.. I like Jason, but not when he acts like a smart arse..
Then when do you like him?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Then when do you like him?
I like how he dresses and his voice.. That's about it.. He's not funny like Amir..
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Miss Foxy

Apparently Jason wants a piece of the cake!! He tweeted this to Dana,
"@DanaWhite Chael can't make it to the party? I'd happily be the American Hero. Put me on TUF, watch the ratings explode."
Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

mayhem has it twisted .. he'd get wrecked by most MW's in the UFC ... and diaz would have his way with him too .. at WW or MW, they should meet at 177 ..
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Apparently Jason wants a piece of the cake!! He tweeted this to Dana,
"@DanaWhite Chael can't make it to the party? I'd happily be the American Hero. Put me on TUF, watch the ratings explode."
There's no doubt about that. Mayhem and Chael would turn it into a a HUGE comedy drama.