Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
suntereo

what do you think about a 10-8 round being contingent on "clear expression from ref that the fight is in danger of being stopped, in addition to a dominent performance."

the first round of the edgar / maynard fight is one that should have been a 10-8? (carwin / lesnar rd1 had it gone the distance?)

the third round of the penn / fitch is one that should have been a 10-9?

this would reduce the occurances of draws in the first place and then the tie breaker round could settle the more rare draws?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo View Post
what do you think about a 10-8 round being contingent on "clear expression from ref that the fight is in danger of being stopped, in addition to a dominent performance."

the first round of the edgar / maynard fight is one that should have been a 10-8? (carwin / lesnar rd1 had it gone the distance?)

the third round of the penn / fitch is one that should have been a 10-9?

this would reduce the occurances of draws in the first place and then the tie breaker round could settle the more rare draws?
I guess it depends on the way each individual sees the fight because I saw Fitch winning by Unanimous decision and I clearly saw Frankie Losing the first round 10-8 and winning the remainder of the fight convincingly.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:56 AM

I agree with pretty much everybody else...I really like the idea of an OT but not on revealing judge's scoring between rounds.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:11 PM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I guess it depends on the way each individual sees the fight because I saw Fitch winning by Unanimous decision and I clearly saw Frankie Losing the first round 10-8 and winning the remainder of the fight convincingly.
i didnt cite the "fight" but specific rounds for a reason.

Even you concede that Edgar lost the first round 10-8, which given the JUDGES findings for the rest of the fight would have rendered a decision not a draw.

compared to the 1st round of the edgar fight, rd3 of the penn fitch fight was much less damaging or dominant. YET the judges did render a 10-8 for fitch. Had there been consistent 10-8 critera this fight would not have gone to a draw either.

If we had consistency in rendering 10-8's then neither of the high profile fights that have sparked the extra round debate would have been rendered a draw - this is the point i was making. I dont neccesarily agree with the judges findings for the other rounds either.
<