Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
You don't owe me an apology, Javier.

But I'm glad it was back when you were a teenager...I was a hell raiser at that age, wish I could do some of it over.
Me too, I miss the days of being a hell raiser.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Me too, I miss the days of being a hell raiser.

I still swing a mean frying pan.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
In NJ the commission rep watches you pee into the sample cup. I guess that's not the case in all states if he was able to provide stashed urine.
Yep, but I've heard of some athletes actually getting another person's urine into their bladder via mini-catheter type arrangement for the show-n-tell pee sample...gross, and ouch.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
In NJ the commission rep watches you pee into the sample cup. I guess that's not the case in all states if he was able to provide stashed urine.
There are devices you can buy to get past the watchers. You get a urine bag and fill it with the urine you are passing off as your own and tape it the inside of your leg. Then you run the tube up your leg along the underside of your penis to the tip. Then you release the valve and viola...pee! It looks like you peed it and the only way to tell is to look closely at the genitalia of the person peeing.

Some are naive, some of us know way too much.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
County Mike

Yeah, I know there are some methods to fake out the "watchers", especially since most men won't watch TOO closely. I guess some people will do whatever it takes to win. If he was smart, he would have at least used clean HUMAN urine.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Buc Nasty

A snippet from Thiago's response:

"I reinjured my back 45 days before the fight with Brandon Vera. After not fighting for a year, I made the decision to not pull out of the fight. I also decided that the only way I could continue with the fight was to take injections in my back and spine that contained substances prohibited by the Nevada Athletic Commission. I also made the decision to use a product to hide the presence of these substances in a urine test."

What a jacka$$. If Paul Daley should never fight in UFC again neither should this guy.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
What a jacka$$. If Paul Daley should never fight in UFC again neither should this guy.
Well... let's be honest.. Paul was booted for throwing that punch after the fight....

Thiago pee'd hot... and has a lame excuse... two different offenses in my book...
Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Well... let's be honest.. Paul was booted for throwing that punch after the fight....

Thiago pee'd hot... and has a lame excuse... two different offenses in my book...
meh .. thiago knowingly took something that was a PED, knowingly took a masking agent to hide it, knowingly denied taking anything when his first test came back in the hopes that his second test would come back clean ... he is bad for the sport and shouldn't be in the ufc imo ...

if one of dana's money makers through a punch after the fight, you can bet they wouldn't be banned for life ...
Old 03-31-2011, 04:19 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Or a tiger??

Later.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
meh .. thiago knowingly took something that was a PED, knowingly took a masking agent to hide it, knowingly denied taking anything when his first test came back in the hopes that his second test would come back clean ... he is bad for the sport and shouldn't be in the ufc imo...
I am not saying he should be given any type of pass for knowingly cheating... just two different things...

Quote:
if one of dana's money makers through a punch after the fight, you can bet they wouldn't be banned for life ...

Renato???? A fan favorite.. punted...

He was something like 10-2 going into that fight...

And if you notice.. the majority of the "money makers".. wouldn't do any of those things.. Can you imagine Chuck, Matt, Randy, Rich..Forrest.. Penn.. Clay, doing anything like that (throwing a punch CLEARLY after the horn).. I could ALMOST imagine Brock.. but not really... (only if it was Mir )

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 03-31-2011 at 05:31 PM.