Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Michael Bisping doesn't want to fight a 'hypocritical steroid cheat' like Nate Marqua

OK.. now I am getting "unhappy" with the British Goofball....

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/29/20...-steroid-cheat

This one is starting to get ugly.

UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping, who came under fire for his post-fight antics following a technical knockout win over Jorge Rivera at UFC 127 back in February, doesn't mind taking his lumps from the mixed martial arts community.

As long as it's not from Nate Marquardt.

The former 185-pound number one contender blasted "Spitsbing" for his saliva sneak attack on "El Conquistador's" corner "Down Under," going so far as to call the brash Brit an "ass" and "a total punk" who needs to be silenced with a "punch in the face."

Pot, meet kettle.

According to Bisping on a recent episode of The MMA Hour, he can "Count" more than a few blemishes on Marquardt's record and says it might not be such a "Great" idea to be slamming anyone for misconduct.

Here's why:

Quote:
"[Marquardt is] quite a hypocrite. He's a steroid cheat, let's not forget that. He's had points taken away for illegally kneeing people himself, and then he goes out talking about me as if I'm Satan or something. The guy's an absolute hypocrite. He s---- the bed every time he's in a main event. He's had three number one contender fights and a title shot and lost them all. I want to fight the top guys and I think Chael Sonnen for me is the biggest possible name I could get, and that's what I'm hoping for. Nate Marquardt doesn't excite me."
Bisping is hoping to get a crack at former middleweight number one contender Chael Sonnen, who is currently on the sidelines with a "frozen" contract until he sorts through his legal issues stemming from a money laundering charge that hit the ex-Realtor while he was benched for a drug suspension.

With a possible coaching gig up for grabs for Season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF), it's not unreasonable to think Bisping could find himself opposite Sonnen, or Marquardt, depending on whether or not Marquardt actually goes through with his desire to test the waters at 170-pounds.

Either way one thing is for certain, you wouldn't have a shortage of trash talk.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

BTW... for the record...

I don't belive that Nate cheated.. several reasons.. hasn't "popped" since then.. and the initial "fine".. was reduced from 6 to five months.. and no actaul money fined... I turely belive that was to allow the commision to "save face".
Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I don't like Bisping, but I think he'd handle Marquardt. Would love to see Bisping get mudrered my Chael. I gotta admit I respect Bisping for saying he'd rather have the tougher fight in Chael.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

i don't get it .. bisping doesn't like the fact that marquardt called him out and calls him a cheater, but has no problem with sonnen calling him out who is a cheater himself???

oh, and he has a point about nate choking in big fights, but at least nate has wins over top 10 opponents .. any time bisping has ventured into the top 10 he has lost ... get a win over a top 10 first before you talk
Old 03-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I don't like Bisping, but I think he'd handle Marquardt. Would love to see Bisping get mudrered my Chael. I gotta admit I respect Bisping for saying he'd rather have the tougher fight in Chael.
I cant see it bro.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I cant see it bro.
I have to agree with you, Rev.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Rev

The only skill I can see in Bisping that stands out is his boxing, and even it only stands out because of his accuracy. He has VERY little power. He is only a point boxer. I cant see him even lasting to a decision with Nate. Nate can knock him out on the feet, take him down and pound him out, take him down and tap him out, or take him down and last him out. bisping can only take Nate to the store if Nate lets him borrow the keys. I think Nate wins this one 10 times out of 10. But thats my opinion.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i don't get it .. bisping doesn't like the fact that marquardt called him out and calls him a cheater, but has no problem with sonnen calling him out who is a cheater himself???

oh, and he has a point about nate choking in big fights, but at least nate has wins over top 10 opponents .. any time bisping has ventured into the top 10 he has lost ... get a win over a top 10 first before you talk
Quick question who?

The only one I can see being a top 10 is Damian Maia....
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The only skill I can see in Bisping that stands out is his boxing, and even it only stands out because of his accuracy. He has VERY little power. He is only a point boxer. I cant see him even lasting to a decision with Nate. Nate can knock him out on the feet, take him down and pound him out, take him down and tap him out, or take him down and last him out. bisping can only take Nate to the store if Nate lets him borrow the keys. I think Nate wins this one 10 times out of 10. But thats my opinion.
And a fine opinion it is! You hit the nail on the head, Rev. I especially liked this part:

Quote:
bisping can only take Nate to the store if Nate lets him borrow the keys
Old 03-30-2011, 05:57 AM

Think Nate and Bisping would make for a great fight. I think Chael will kill Bisping unless he does some serious work on his takedown defense