Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 PM
BamaGrits84

I wonder what it means if you can't move in your dreams. Kind of off subject but this reminded me that question I've always wondered about.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
I wonder what it means if you can't move in your dreams. Kind of off subject but this reminded me that question I've always wondered about.
I'm no psychologist, but I would assume dreams like that are related to something going on in your life. Maybe you feel tied down or trapped by some circumstance in your life. Or maybe it's something that you are feeling helpless to control.

When I was in high school I had a recurring dream that I had scorpions living inside my ear and I was trying to get them out before one of them stung me. That, like my sleep paralysis, was stress related as well (most people who know me know that I usually internalize everything, so stress tends to build up until it manifests itself in strange and unexpected ways).
Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
County Mike

Bunch of wierdos.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 PM
rearnakedchoke

not to sound like a weirdo like CM says, but i have a friend who studied dreams and everytime i have a weird one, i ask her .. it's usually spot on with something going on in my life ... but who knows ...
Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Bunch of wierdos.
When I remembered the scorpions dream, the first thing that popped into my head was this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv1EhH7Xh0

Old 03-29-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
When I remembered the scorpions dream, the first thing that popped into my head was this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv1EhH7Xh0

did you hear that a cobra escaped from the Bronx Zoo this week?

[
Old 03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
DonnaMaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post

did you hear that a cobra escaped from the Bronx Zoo this week?

I heard about that! Did they find it yet?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:27 PM
DonnaMaria

RNC I say yes to both. Apparently my great aunt was possessed while she was in the hospital and all her sisters came and prayed over her for 5 days round the clock to save her. On the 6th day she apparently opened her eyes and spoke to her sisters and then passed away peacefully the following day.

My own personal experience includes a ghostly presence in my childhood home. My mother constantly saw a boy who apparently was the ghost of a Vietnam soldier who lived in the house prior to us and died overseas. Why his apparition was that of a boy, no one could explain. When my mother could no longer tolerate his presence, we moved. Or so the story goes. I think I saw him several times with my sister, but who knows if we really did see him or our overactive minds created him. I was 15 and my sister was 11 when we moved.

When I decided to buy my current home, my mom and dad told me that they had to be sure it was okay before I put a bid on it. My father checked the foundation and my mother checked for spirits. Lol. My father looked for termites and my mother looked for demons.

Parts of the house had been built in the 1880’s and the most recent addition had been built in the 1930’s. The house had a questionable past and a pistol had been found in a corn crib in the back of one of the barns. My mom visited the house with me at different times and also stayed overnight with me and the girls a few times. When she finally sat in Marvella’s chair ( the former mistress of the farm) and declared the house “clean” I breathed a sigh of relief.

On my mother’s suggestion, I call the farm Marvella’s Acres……..to keep her spirit happy.

Gotta love Sicilians. They are nothing if not entertaining!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Do you believe in them? And if so, how do you get rid of them?
Ghosts? Do you mean Spirits?? I think its very rare that you find Ghosts of Human people...usually its only when they have been traumatized....its rare.

But Spirits causing disturbances is extremely common.

You need to call for a Priest...or even a Bishop maybe...and have them do an exorcism on what you think is being haunted by a Spirit. I speak from my own experience when I say that Demons exist...and that invoking Jesus Christ will make them go away....once the place is devoid of a spirit, you want to invite the priest to do a house blessing...or a blessing of whatever you think has been polluted by Evil.

I remember when I first moved into Granville 6 years ago, I had this touch sensative lamp. Every morning I would turn it off, and every evening I would come home to find it on. I was a little unnerved, so I called my Father (who happens to be a priest) and I got him to come round and conduct a house blessing. I then got rid of that lamp in question. My Father told me, it was probably just a loose connection and an energy serge....but I wasnt taking the chance.

You often find that Houses seem to contain atmospheres...just like churches do...all houses and dwelling places contain atmospheres...some are peaceful and calm...like when you walk around a ruined church where you know the stones have been soaked in years of endless prayers....some places are frightful...I remember the house in London I lived in...it was litterally oooozing sadness, it felt like a heavy and oppressive atmosphere right from day one. Five of us entered the house in good health on September 1st...by December 5th three of us were diagnosed with clinical depression, and a further one with chronic back problems...I'm convinced that house and its atmosphere had been to blame....We had a house blessing, but that didnt really help because it wasnt so much a haunting by evil, as a bad aftertaste...like maybe all the people who ever lived in the house had been depressed and infirm. Sooooo we decided to convert one of the rooms into our own little chapel....and it worked...the prayer and the praise changed the whole atmosphere of that building. It became a joyous place, and people recovered.