Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, that could just be sleep paralysis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

If it only happens once or twice, then it might be related to something stressful going on in your life. If it starts happening regularly or things get more vivid, then it might be something more sinister.
well, that is why i asked about ghosts .. cuz it only happens when i sleep in this same part of the house ... no where else ...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 PM

That was a very interesting link, Nate. I think that may be what's happening.

At first, I didn't want to click it because I'm afraid of getting the symptoms I'm reading about.

Hope it was just a one-time occurrence, RNC.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
Do you believe in them?
No.
Quote:
And if so, how do you get rid of them?
Get sober.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

At first, I didn't want to click it because I'm afraid of getting the symptoms I'm reading about.

it was interesting ... i never read about that before ... i hope that is what it was ...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
well, that is why i asked about ghosts .. cuz it only happens when i sleep in this same part of the house ... no where else ...
Well, first try to eliminate any kind of practical cause. If your home has any kind of gas powered appliances, then check for gas leaks in that area of the house. Or you might want to have a mold test done, it could be something growing in that part of the house that is causing some kind of allergic reaction.

How old is this house? And exactly where are you having this experience?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Well, first try to eliminate any kind of practical cause. If your home has any kind of gas powered appliances, then check for gas leaks in that area of the house. Or you might want to have a mold test done, it could be something growing in that part of the house that is causing some kind of allergic reaction.

How old is this house? And exactly where are you having this experience?
the house is like 80 years old ... i have the issue on the main floor ... when i am upstairs or downstairs no issues ... i have access to equipments, so i should run some air quailty tests to be sure ..
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

Yeah, I actually experience sleep paralysis about 50% of the time when I fall asleep on my back. I first started experiencing it in 1999 and I also believed it to be some sort of demonic visitation. So, I've been researching it quite a bit since then.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I actually experience sleep paralysis about 50% of the time when I fall asleep on my back. I first started experiencing it in 1999 and I also believed it to be some sort of demonic visitation. So, I've been researching it quite a bit since then.
Sleep paralysis is how your brain protects you while you're sleeping. it prevents you from moving in your sleep right?
I used to have dream that I opened my eys and couldn't move and I was right between uncosciousness and consciousness and would suddenly have someone run in the room and tickle me. I would scream but no sound would come out. Terrifying until I read about this and then I was able to realize what was happening and awaken out of it.

[
Old 03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Sleep paralysis is how your brain protects you while you're sleeping. it prevents you from moving in your sleep right?
I used to have dream that I opened my eys and couldn't move and I was right between uncosciousness and consciousness and would suddenly have someone run in the room and tickle me. I would scream but no sound would come out. Terrifying until I read about this and then I was able to realize what was happening and awaken out of it.
yeah, it was pretty messed ... i didn't feel like i couldn't move, i felt like something was holding me down ... not sure if it is different ...
Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
That's what I've read, only you're not supposed to be conscious during the paralysis. It's a malfunction in the sleep process caused by some outside source. Usually stress. One of the other causes listed is high alcohol consumption combined with lack of sleep. I'm sure environmental factors might have a role to play as well.

I don't think I've experienced it ever since I got out of the Army. So it was probably stress related for me more than anything else.