Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-27-2011, 08:22 PM

What??? I know he'd gain some back after the weigh-ins but 24# in ONE DAY?!? Is that typical, guys?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
it not like johson is ripped when he weighs 220 or whatever... Hes probably like Rampage and lets himself go between fights... Hes probably around 195 or so around fight night... Its like Rogan is getting people to think he gains all 50 pounds back in water weight on fight night lol

edit: woah not to tute my own horn but i just saw the interview where he sais he weighes 195 pounds at fight time
Bravo!

Well, I thought that must be a typo (the 24#). I'm just really surprised he could go back up that much, that fast.

Cutting and adding all that weight couldn't be very healthy, good thing he only fights 3 or 4 times a year...
Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Bravo!

Well, I thought that must be a typo (the 24#). I'm just really surprised he could go back up that much, that fast.

Cutting and adding all that weight couldn't be very healthy, good thing he only fights 3 or 4 times a year...
Yeah, he needs to do it in a healthy way. Twenty-four pounds does seem like a lot to put back on, in what, 24 hours (give or take a few) between the weigh-in and fights?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44 View Post
He stopped the takedowns for a ncaa champion for one and a half rounds.... Davis gets one takdown out of 10 and wins the round... How doesnt it make sense... Wrestlers have an obvious advantage with the North american rules.. I mean a guy can throw elbows from top but a guy cant even upkick a guy on top from bottom.... For every stuffed takedown he could of kneed him in the head.. there is barely any penalty for stuffed takeowns for wrestlers in the ufc because of this... Its true people need to adapt to these rules but im just saying alot of these fights would be different with slight rule adaptations!
There's a lot a fighter can do once he's on his back to nullify that take down. meh... if the rules were different, then there'd be something else to criticize.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 AM

I take it we can now put down the Phil Davis would beat Jon Jones comments to rest.

I'm not sure if Davis had an off night or probably had a rib injury like A. Silva in the Sonnen fight but for all the hype he had he didn't really live up to it in my opinion.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I take it we can now put down the Phil Davis would beat Jon Jones comments to rest.

I'm not sure if Davis had an off night or probably had a rib injury like A. Silva in the Sonnen fight but for all the hype he had he didn't really live up to it in my opinion.
i will have to agree ... and i am a huge davis fan (and jones) ... but davis would get beat in every aspect if this fight happened ... davis couldn't land a takedown all round one, granted, that is all nog worked on for this fight ... but his striking looked rudimentary all night except for some decent gnp when nog gave his back ... it was a real awkward fight as davis didn't want to get in the guard and sat way outside and nog never really tried to get up ....
Old 03-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i will have to agree ... and i am a huge davis fan (and jones) ... but davis would get beat in every aspect if this fight happened ... davis couldn't land a takedown all round one, granted, that is all nog worked on for this fight ... but his striking looked rudimentary all night except for some decent gnp when nog gave his back ... it was a real awkward fight as davis didn't want to get in the guard and sat way outside and nog never really tried to get up ....
Agreed the card seemed very promising before the actual Foght Night to place IMO. Really the only fight that seemed good to me was the Amir Sadollah fight.

I didn't get to see the facebook fights though..

Did anyone see the Titan Fights on HDNET?

Phil Baroni almost got stopped by some guy named Nick Nolte (3-2)
If it wasn't for Phil just laying on top of him doing nothing and the ref not standing them up he would of gotten stopped.

wait it gets worst

Boby Lashley fought some John Ott guy (9-7) who weighed in like at 215.
Lashley weighed 254 at the weigh in some god knows how much he weighed the day of the fight.
The fight started with an incredible takedown by Lashley that looked like he was back in the WWE. He gave Ott some descent GnP but the way smaller guy wethered the storm easily.
After the 1st round Lashley was done he couldn't even stand straight but was able to take Ott down with ease.
In the third round Ott caught him with some nice punches and almost knocked him out but Lashley took him down and blanket him for the remainder of the round.

Last edited by JavierDLC; 03-28-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Miss Foxy

Amir's Muay Thai is beyond good!! He's so awesome.. I enjoy watching his fights..Really I do.. I was upset with the Johnson/Hardy match ..Phil Davis well done..Poor Nog..

Last edited by Miss Foxy; 04-04-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Amir's Muay Thai is beyond good!! He's so awesome.. I enjoy watching his fights..Really I do.. I was upset with the Johnson/Hardy match ..Phil Davis well done..Poor Nog..
Amir always displays great fundamentals, no matter the situation he's in. He's always doing the right thing at the right time & it throws off so many guys who think "MMA" means it's OK to be sloppy with technique.