Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-10-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how it's any worse than the antics of a lot of other fighters, but people who just don't like Evans will find a way to say I am wrong.

The human mind is a fascinating tool, it has the ability to justify anything.
The silly human mind and it's quarky personal opinions

[
Old 03-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how it's any worse than the antics of a lot of other fighters, but people who just don't like Evans will find a way to say I am wrong.

Like Rashad and his no class behavior???
Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=Chuck][QUOTE=JB Rattlesnake]Just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how it's any worse than the antics of a lot of other fighters, but people who just don't like Evans will find a way to say I am wrong.

Quote:

Zah-ZINGO!!!

Did you hear the crowd in Columbus? they were really booing him. I think the best thing for machida's image would be to give Rashad a beating.

[
Old 03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Sure, and if you find his behavior to be "classless", then you would find a way to justify not liking him, while refuting comparisons that may not suit your liking. This discussion was already had a few months back, and I could list plenty of fighters I would deem much more classless than Rashad.

My opinion is that the "no class behavior" people think Rashad is exhibiting has been blown out of proportion by people who were probably never going to like him anyway. Then again, it never helps when you knock off two of the most loved fighters in the UFC in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin.

The truth is, calling Rashad "classless" is not really a matter of "fact", it's a matter of opinion. Some things just rub people the wrong way, and while it's fair to be critical, I think some people are simply just HATERS, even if they won't admit it. Look at all the haters of Matt. They generally take statements and actions made by Matt and view them through a tiny scope, thus making it easier to fit their preconceived notion that Matt is somehow a bad guy. It's all ridiculous if you ask me.

OH NO, Rashad was CURSING!!! OOOOHHHH!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Sure, and if you find his behavior to be "classless", then you would find a way to justify not liking him, while refuting comparisons that may not suit your liking. This discussion was already had a few months back, and I could list plenty of fighters I would deem much more classless than Rashad.

My opinion is that the "no class behavior" people think Rashad is exhibiting has been blown out of proportion by people who were probably never going to like him anyway. Then again, it never helps when you knock off two of the most loved fighters in the UFC in Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin.

The truth is, calling Rashad "classless" is not really a matter of "fact", it's a matter of opinion. Some things just rub people the wrong way, and while it's fair to be critical, I think some people are simply just HATERS, even if they won't admit it. Look at all the haters of Matt. They generally take statements and actions made by Matt and view them through a tiny scope, thus making it easier to fit their preconceived notion that Matt is somehow a bad guy. It's all ridiculous if you ask me.

I thought that Rashad did a nice job of commentating given the fact that his best friend was fighting. His antics after the fight were probably fueled by hard feelings based in disappointment for Jardine.
It's all opinion anyways.
You're probably right about my dislike for him coming from his defeat of Chuck. Same reason I don't like Gonzaga is because of what he did to CroCop.

[
Old 03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:

i agree but in fairness, it goes both ways.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
County Mike

I just don't like the way Rashad looks. That's pretty much how I form all my opinions of people.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I just don't like the way Rashad looks. That's pretty much how I form all my opinions of people.

[
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i agree but in fairness, it goes both ways.
Of course
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 PM
TDPARKASH

Agreed, there are still a lot of Bj fans here & didn't he tell GSP's trainer to go f himself before the fight. I know GSP's trainer was saying that BJ will regret coming to WW division, but that doesn't BJ to curse like that.

We all know this staredown was set up by the UFC, like I have said before Rashad is inherintly ghetto. Saying M f.....is almost like an expression in some communities. Trust me, that phrase has many many connotations. Anybody see Donnie Brasco here, just think of "forget about it"

Quote: