Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Rashad grabs his crotch and twists his nipples, and he is hated. Rampage runs from the cops and smashes into a pregnant woman with his truck, and he is loved. Go figure.

Also, anybody who does not see the horrible WWF-esque hype going on with confrontations like this are just blind. It's not personal, it's business, and the UFC made those two do that.

Either way, it should be a great fight.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Rashad grabs his crotch and twists his nipples, and he is hated. Rampage runs from the cops and smashes into a pregnant woman with his truck, and he is loved. Go figure.

Also, anybody who does not see the horrible WWF-esque hype going on with confrontations like this are just blind. It's not personal, it's business, and the UFC made those two do that.

Either way, it should be a great fight.
I don't hate rashad. I like Rampage.

Sometimes **** happens in peoples lives and Rampage according to him is saved. If God can forgive him so can I.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 PM
que

Quote:
difference:

rashad grabs his crotch, tweaks his nipples, says all kinds of disrespectful curse words during smack talks on television and he doesn't apologize for it, he is proud of it. that is why he is hated.

rampage runs from cops, smashes a pregnant womans car, but he apologizes and pays his dues in court for it. that is why he is loved.

realizing your mistakes, repenting and asking for forgiveness is a powerful thing. read the Bible, it talks all about it.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 PM

I just prefer Rampage, i think he is one of my favourite fighters.

And i like the man, i like the way he is, sure that aint a nice incident that happened but im not here to judge him for that.

I have always stuck up for Rashad but just wasnt too keen on how he acted but then it aint a big deal either way!

I am excited about the fight and hoping Rampage gives him a hiding and retakes what is his!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
difference:

rashad grabs his crotch, tweaks his nipples, says all kinds of disrespectful curse words during smack talks on television and he doesn't apologize for it, he is proud of it. that is why he is hated.

rampage runs from cops, smashes a pregnant womans car, but he apologizes and pays his dues in court for it. that is why he is loved.

realizing your mistakes, repenting and asking for forgiveness is a powerful thing. read the Bible, it talks all about it.

Disrespectful curse words huh...wow, what a tyrannical human being... I'm sure you have never been disrespectful or cursed in your life.

Also, I never said Rampage should not be forgiven for his mistakes, but don't tell me he "paid his dues in court". Any non-celebrity who did what Rampage did would most certainly be spending time in jail.

The Bible says a lot of things, and not a single passage in the good book says I have to root for Rampage in a UFC fight simply because he asked for forgiveness. If you wanna pull that card, we will be here all day going back and forth. Don't use the Lord's word to try and lessen what is a legitimate dislike for the actions of Quinton Jackson.

If being "disrespectful" is the best you can come up with for not liking Evans, so be it, but to me it's just not gonna hold a lot of water. Evans is not really doing anything that other fighters don't do too.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Sometimes **** happens in peoples lives and Rampage according to him is saved. If God can forgive him so can I.
No disagreement there. I just lost a lot of respect for him. Remember, it was not like Rampage claimed to be saved right after all of this. He has been a Christian for some time now. He just made some very poor decisions.

The point I was making is that Rashad is getting way to much hate without a lot of substance.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:00 AM

Liddell and Wanderlei always done it well, short and sweet stare down and not many words!

The GSP v Hughes and This one for me are distasteful.

Again at least BJ's and GSP's was done in a good way.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Old 03-10-2009, 01:03 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

That last GIF is hilarious

That first one is just missing one thing....
Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 AM
bradwright

Quote:
Disrespectful curse words huh...wow, what a tyrannical human being... I'm sure you have never been disrespectful or cursed in your life.

Also, I never said Rampage should not be forgiven for his mistakes, but don't tell me he "paid his dues in court". Any non-celebrity who did what Rampage did would most certainly be spending time in jail.

The Bible says a lot of things, and not a single passage in the good book says I have to root for Rampage in a UFC fight simply because he asked for forgiveness. If you wanna pull that card, we will be here all day going back and forth. Don't use the Lord's word to try and lessen what is a legitimate dislike for the actions of Quinton Jackson.

If being "disrespectful" is the best you can come up with for not liking Evans, so be it, but to me it's just not gonna hold a lot of water. Evans is not really doing anything that other fighters don't do too.

let me just say,tyrannical,WOW,i've been trying to work that word into a post for a long time now,you beat me to it though,i'm impressed.

dont mind me,just carry on with what you were doing.