Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Michael Spitsbing has broken his silence.

'Ashamed' Michael Bisping issues apology for spitting at UFC 127, looks forward to Chael Sonnen smack talk

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/22/20...ooks#storyjump

The brash British banger today issued an apology for his post-fight celebration at UFC 127, telling The Telegraph that he was "out of line" for spitting at (not on) Jorge Rivera's corner team after his emotional second round technical knockout victory on Feb 27, 2011, in Sydney, Australia.

"The Count," who flew into a rage after finishing "El Conquistador," admits that the pre-fight smack talk and steady drumbeat of insulting parody videos that "crossed the line" ultimately got the best of him on fight night.

He regrets his actions and chalks it up to a lesson learned.

Check out Bisping's apology after the jump:

Quote:
"I was out of order. As a father, as a mixed martial artist, or possibly even as a role model, it’s not a way I should be behaving. It’s not how a mixed martial artist should be acting; not how any many should be acting. Of course, I do regret it, and I owe Dana [White, UFC CEO], and the UFC an apology and I won’t be acting like that again.... I went into the fight very angry. I let it get the better of me after the fight. I want to make it clear – I never spat on his cornerman. I spat on the floor to let him know what I thought of him…I said some words…I’m not even sure what the words were now, that was immediately after the fight had finished. After that, I instantly apologized. It was out of order."
UFC President Dana White was clearly upset with the situation, witholding Bisping's fight bonus as punishment. The exact amount of that bonus is unknown even to Bisping, who revealed that he "never expect the bonuses, anyway."

In the immediate wake of "SpitGate," several 185-pound fighters, including Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, openly campaigned for the opportunity to fight Bisping next and put him in his place.

And if Sonnen -- perhaps the most calculating and diabolical trash talker in the sport today -- is granted his wish, Bisping promises to keep his emotions in check.

Here's a snip:

Quote:
"If it is to be Chael Sonnen, he does trash talk a lot.... If it was to be him next, I’d look forward to the verbal sparring, but I’m sure he wouldn’t go to the depths of offence that this guy [Rivera] did. It was out of order, and if anyone went to those lengths again, I would simply not rise to it. I’m ashamed of myself and I have apologized, he [Rivera] should be man enough to do the same.... I’m not perfect, I still make mistakes, I’m human and I let things get the better of me as I did on night. Of course, lesson learned. If he tries to go down that line, I’ve got previous experience and I will not let it get to me quite as much."

Easier said than done?

------------------------------

Never spat at the corner man??? going to look for the Gif now...

Last edited by Spiritwalker; 03-23-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM

I don't think Bisping should apologize
But then again if he wants to keep his job he has to apologize to Dana.

War Bisping!!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
'Ashamed' Michael Bisping issues apology for spitting at UFC 127, looks forward to Chael Sonnen smack talk

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/22/20...ooks#storyjump

The brash British banger today issued an apology for his post-fight celebration at UFC 127, telling The Telegraph that he was "out of line" for spitting at (not on) Jorge Rivera's corner team after his emotional second round technical knockout victory on Feb 27, 2011, in Sydney, Australia.

"The Count," who flew into a rage after finishing "El Conquistador," admits that the pre-fight smack talk and steady drumbeat of insulting parody videos that "crossed the line" ultimately got the best of him on fight night.

He regrets his actions and chalks it up to a lesson learned.

Check out Bisping's apology after the jump:

UFC President Dana White was clearly upset with the situation, witholding Bisping's fight bonus as punishment. The exact amount of that bonus is unknown even to Bisping, who revealed that he "never expect the bonuses, anyway."

In the immediate wake of "SpitGate," several 185-pound fighters, including Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, openly campaigned for the opportunity to fight Bisping next and put him in his place.

And if Sonnen -- perhaps the most calculating and diabolical trash talker in the sport today -- is granted his wish, Bisping promises to keep his emotions in check.

Here's a snip:

Easier said than done?

------------------------------

Never spat at the corner man??? going to look for the Gif now...
Oh yeah, I almost forgot......

Sorry about the CLEARLY illegal knee to your head!!

He's still a POS for that in my book...
Old 03-23-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Oh yeah, I almost forgot......

Sorry about the CLEARLY illegal knee to your head!!

He's still a POS for that in my book...
You know.. when I watched that .. it seemed VERY CLEARLY.. that he meant to do that... after watching it a few times more.. even more so..

Is there anyone that thinks that it "was an accident"??
Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
You know.. when I watched that .. it seemed VERY CLEARLY.. that he meant to do that... after watching it a few times more.. even more so..

Is there anyone that thinks that it "was an accident"??
I said immediately when he did it that it was intentional. He had plenty of time to pull that knee and even more time to have not thrown it in the first place.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 PM

I think the knee was intentional.

War Bisping!!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:01 PM
rearnakedchoke

sonnen and bisping fan ... glad to see you like cheaters ...
Old 03-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Chael didn't cheat.. I have seen/found no proof of the actual levels he had at the fight.. so it was more of an error for not claiming that he was taking a PE drug... the same drug that he has claimed before.... an not had any issue.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Chael didn't cheat.. I have seen/found no proof of the actual levels he had at the fight.. so it was more of an error for not claiming that he was taking a PE drug... the same drug that he has claimed before.... an not had any issue.
his test came back with a higher than normal ratio of testosterone to estrogen ... which is what raised the flag ... true you cannot tell testosterone levels from urine but from blood ... his urine levels showed a high t/e levels ... sonnen did show reports of his blood levels in the low to medium range, but if you watched the hearing, you could see that sonnens team didn't have their stuff together and were all over the place ... the csac didn't do a blood test to determine this, all they had to show was that according to their tests, sonnen had higher levels of test to estrogen in his urine which was one of the reasons he was suspended.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think the knee was intentional.

War Bisping!!
Love how you stand by him anyway. Seriously.

I actually think the knee was WAY worse than the spit. The knee, potentially, affected the outcome of the fight. The spit was a classless act but had no bearing on the fight result.