Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
You do realize that anaphylactic shock kills dont you Nathan?? Cruel is not the word I Would have used

All of you have spent your entire arguments on your own selfish thoughts about utilitarian principles surrounding a group of students. What you should really note is the fact that its in the best interest of the sufferer not to be put in the danger in the first place FOR HER OWN SAKE...but you all complain about the lengths the other kids, who are in NO danger at all, have to go through.

TO the extent of..."lets force the sufferer to have an allergic reaction so she leaves us alone" that is morally bankrupt!! lets all get together a shower a pupil in peanuts, lets all bring in peanut butter sandwhiches?!? that could KILL.

Forearmed with that knowledge, any idiot who took your advice would be guilty of murder. Knowingly doing something that will get someone else killed so they can live as they want. Remind you of a certain Israelite King?
Oh please. I'm sure Nate was being ironic.

This situation can be easily resolved by home schooling.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 View Post
ALL OF YOU - selfish? I thought that was what happened when the demands of 1 got put above everyone else.
Exactly. Well, Great Britain and France have been kowtowing to certain minorities at the expense of their majorities. Hasn't worked out real well, has it?
Old 03-22-2011, 10:50 PM

The left loves using the meme that we Republicans "don't care". Nothing could be further from the truth. Our caring isn't wrapped up in political correctness (or prospective votes), it's compassion mixed with common sense and fairness, IMO.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
You do realize that anaphylactic shock kills dont you Nathan?? Cruel is not the word I Would have used

All of you have spent your entire arguments on your own selfish thoughts about utilitarian principles surrounding a group of students. What you should really note is the fact that its in the best interest of the sufferer not to be put in the danger in the first place FOR HER OWN SAKE...but you all complain about the lengths the other kids, who are in NO danger at all, have to go through.

TO the extent of..."lets force the sufferer to have an allergic reaction so she leaves us alone" that is morally bankrupt!! lets all get together a shower a pupil in peanuts, lets all bring in peanut butter sandwhiches?!? that could KILL.

Forearmed with that knowledge, any idiot who took your advice would be guilty of murder. Knowingly doing something that will get someone else killed so they can live as they want. Remind you of a certain Israelite King?
I think that depends on the severity of the peanut allergy; but that's why I said they should announce it ahead of time, in order to force the girl to stay home. After enough days of missing school, her parents will be forced to try out different educational alternatives.

There is NOTHING selfish about that. What's selfish is this girl's parents expecting the entire school system to conform to their one child. That's the definition of selfish.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Exactly. Well, Great Britain and France have been kowtowing to certain minorities at the expense of their majorities. Hasn't worked out real well, has it?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think that depends on the severity of the peanut allergy; but that's why I said they should announce it ahead of time, in order to force the girl to stay home. After enough days of missing school, her parents will be forced to try out different educational alternatives.
one hopes its survere if they are serious about the extent of procautions within the school...Heck...I am allergic to peanuts...needed an ambulance for my anaphylactic shock...BUT...I dont need the whole of my environment fumigated...I work in a store that sells peanuts for goodness sake

I assume hers is like...sniff dust and die
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
The left loves using the meme that we Republicans "don't care". Nothing could be further from the truth. Our caring isn't wrapped up in political correctness (or prospective votes), it's compassion mixed with common sense and fairness, IMO.
Who are the left loves saying that?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Oh now...it's just a discussion. You know I love the UK...but their PC way of handling radical islamists has really harmed Britain's "greatness". Not to mention the # of people on the dole cradle to grave.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Who are the left loves saying that?
I know Dave isn't a lib but his response reminded me of the typical liberal accusations against conservatives regarding social issues - that "we just don't care".

Hey, I have a short attention span, what can I say? I'm always drifting off the topic.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I know Dave isn't a lib but his response reminded me of the typical liberal accusations against conservatives regarding social issues - that "we just don't care".

Hey, I have a short attention span, what can I say? I'm always drifting off the topic.
I heard that..