Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default It's Like an MMA Soap Opera!

I think we should call it "The Young & the Beltless" (ya know, 'cause Jon's only 23 & Rashad's..well, you get it )

Jon Jones, Rashad Evans, and Greg Jackson set for May meeting

Quote:
A seminar dubbed as a “once in a lifetime experience” may turn out to be just that for reasons beyond the norm, as a renowned provided of all-star training tutorials – essentially fantasy camps – has booked former UFC light heavyweight champ Rashad Evans, current title-holder Jon Jones, and caught-in-the-middle trainer Greg Jackson as part of a group offering instructional, as well as personal, time with attendees at a cost ranging from $30 to $400 depending on interest.

According to Paradise Warrior Retreat, the event will take place from May 6-8 in New York, New York at Phil Nurse’s gym (The Wat). Nurse will also be part of the seminar as will Tri-Star MMA’s Firas Zahabi who is perhaps best known for his work with welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.
While there is little doubt the trio of headliners will all maintain professionalism throughout the weekend, an environment ripe with tension seems likely barring a behind-the-scenes resolution in the coming weeks between the sides. Evans recently went online to label his former training partner Jones as a “Judas” while openly discussing his displeasure with how Jackson had handled business lately.

Evans’ points of contention stem from comment Jones made regarding an openness to a fight with him while never having discussed the matter prior to making the comment (or in its wake). He has also pointed the finger at Jackson for bringing “Bones” on board in the first place against his wishes and contributing to the current situation.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think we should call it "The Young & the Beltless" (ya know, 'cause Jon's only 23 & Rashad's..well, you get it )

Jon Jones, Rashad Evans, and Greg Jackson set for May meeting
I'm over it already.

I care as much about this stuff as I do the Jersey Snore.