Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Allied Air Attack Begins in Tripoli

I don't see an article about it in my news feed, but it's preempting the tournament on CBS right now. Began with French fighters making strikes earlier today & now the US Navy has fired between 50-100 tomahawk missiles from destroyers & subs, targeting Libya's air defense sites in order to strip Gaddafi's air coverage & open for Allied air strikes.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Bout time something gets done!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Allons-y

I would like to point out that only under Obama would France take the lead in military action!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I would like to point out that only under Obama would France take the lead in military action!

Wait. France fired first? Really?

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post

~Amy
Yup!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:07 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:

~Amy
Shocker! Its a scary world when the French are the ones that grow a pair and we follow! Now I'm abit embarrassed!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:28 PM
County Mike

Quote:

~Amy
Yeah, but reports say they did it with their eyes closed and then quickly ran away.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

My Nan told of how worried she was about Libya just today over lunch. She says that although she is glad the idea of a ground invasion was rulled out, we DONT want yet another Iraq...she says she is most concerned because UNLIKE Saddam...Lybias Gaddafi is known to be directly behind one off terrorist attacks miles from his home soil as reprisals to the west for not supporting him.

She says that she fears out of all those countries who have gone together to the United Nations to impose a no-fly-zone over the Rebel Teritory in Libya to allow the Allied Forces to Bomb the main administration of Libya...she thinks that England is most at risk from retaliation.

Here is why. She thinks that the United States will be considered to far away...her basis for this was saying that although Lockerbie can be considered more an attack on the US then England...it was attacked outside of the US. She doesnt think Gadaffi will bother trying to reprise France...whats the point? But she says at the end of April, Gaddafi has the perfect opportunity to strike at the very heartland of England with the upcomming Royal Wedding.

Whilst the population arent radical monarchists...they admire Elizabeth, but dislike most of her family...the vast majority of them very much like Prince William. She says she thinks that if everyone country wide is dolled up to the nines to celebrate the future King of Englands Wedding day...and had, instead front row seats to his assassination...that might be enough to tip the instable government into complete and utter all out offensive against Libya...not a few bombing raids...but a complete flattning of the entire country.

She told me that if the Rebels and the Administration couldnt find Gadafi, (she is alluding to the week of the uprising, when the Colonel dissapeared, leaving his son as spokesman...he was gone so long everyone thought he'd fled to Latin America...but he had been in hiding and came out when the tide turned against the protestors) why should we think that this bombing raid will do anything other then infuriate him? She says she doesnt think their are enough rebels to actually win their cause without a land invasion, which the West hasnt, and England wont sanction.

So she thinks that this will all come to nothing, that Gadaffi will reassert his control, and that he will then seek the revenge that we know he has the capable experience and ability to do...because unlike Saddam...Gadaffi has already killed Americans, and Britons, abroad, in a one off, singular successful terrorist attack, which took decades to trace back to him.

Shes an excellent strategist ive been learning about what she did during the second world war this afternoon
Old 03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
Shocker! Its a scary world when the French are the ones that grow a pair and we follow! Now I'm abit embarrassed!
They didnt. America and England went to the United Nations...the French only got to Libya first because they were geographically closer

No need to fear
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
They didnt. America and England went to the United Nations...the French only got to Libya first because they were geographically closer

No need to fear
OK! For awhile I thought that maybe Obama gave what little courage we had left to the French!