Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 PM

Bonnie, that was my first reaction when I saw it - hard to watch. But there have been some interesting new details that came to light after the vid went viral.

The school reported the skinny kid's only injury was a scraped knee; both boys have been suspended for 4 days, and the bigger kid had been bullied for years and had enough.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

That was awesome! I hate bullies, that's the main reason I lift weights, stay in shape, and take martial arts. My kids will have something I never did, the ability to defend themselves against punks like that.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 PM
matthughesfan21

I don't feel sorry for the little punk in the least bit...If you are going to exhibit that shhyte behavior, expect consequences...Good for the big kid, it must hurt a lot to get bullied for years like that and a person can only take so much...I loved it
Old 03-17-2011, 09:53 PM
DonnaMaria

The kid got what he deserved.......

I was bullied in high school. Pushed down stairs, slammed into lockers, kicked.
Like most girls I internalized it and developed all kinds of bad coping skills like self harming. At least I survived. A close friend was bullied so much and so badly that she took her own life.

I tell my girls to defend themselves. Verbally and physically. They arenít allowed to start anything but they arenít allowed to let anything slide either.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Bonnie, that was my first reaction when I saw it - hard to watch. But there have been some interesting new details that came to light after the vid went viral.

The school reported the skinny kid's only injury was a scraped knee; both boys have been suspended for 4 days, and the bigger kid had been bullied for years and had enough.
I bet all those little a***s who were standing around egging their little punk friend on are going to think twice before bullying someone else...I hope! If he's smart (which is doubtful) that little punk learned his lesson.

I don't think the older boy should have been suspended or punished at all. These schools don't seem to want to step in and do anything about these bullies so these kids have to take care of it themselves.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I bet all those little a***s who were standing around egging their little punk friend on are going to think twice before bullying someone else...I hope! If he's smart (which is doubtful) that little punk learned his lesson.

I don't think the older boy should have been suspended or punished at all. These schools don't seem to want to step in and do anything about these bullies so these kids have to take care of it themselves.
+1!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Yeah, but if the schools did step in to do something about it, the hippie parents would throw a fit.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
DonnaMaria

I'm curious.......did the school know about it at all? Sometimes kids are reluctant to talk about being bullied. Especially boys.

At any rate, the older boy shouldn't have been suspended. Hopefully his parents will get that changed. It was obviously self defense.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Yeah, but if the schools did step in to do something about it, the hippie parents would throw a fit.
Let them; it's better than some poor bullied kid committing suicide or bringing a gun to school and letting all that pent up frustration and rage explode.

The best thing is if the bullied kid can handle it himself/herself...much more effective; but there are instances in these techno times where a higher authority should step in and dole out hard consequences for these punks!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMaria View Post
I'm curious.......did the school know about it at all? Sometimes kids are reluctant to talk about being bullied. Especially boys.

At any rate, the older boy shouldn't have been suspended. Hopefully his parents will get that changed. It was obviously self defense.
Exactly! So he's being punished for defending himself!