Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Default Just in case you guys were unaware...

I was picked on as a kid in school.. I was short and skinney.. plus I had a mouth on me that was about 50 lbs heavier than I really was...

I came home many times bloody and brusied.. and only one time did I ever REALLY put my bullies in their place.. I did ok.. but only once did the guy ever laid out like I wanted....

but THIS KID.. while I admit.. went over the top.. earned a pat on the back from me....

Here is the direct You Tube video that is sweeping the Interwebs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=678sm5rGqKg

http://deadspin.com/#!5782089/reveng...ecomes-an-icon

Quote:
It's been a day since the Internet was introduced to Casey Heynes, the Australian kid who struck back against a bully. In Internet time, a day's an eternity, so let's bring you up to date.

The story is front page news in Australia, where they won't name the kids (Casey is 16, attacker Ritchard(or Richard) is 12) but do identify the school as Chifley College, in Sydney. They also confirm the fight took place Monday morning.

The news has spread from FOX News to Canada to random Oklahoma affiliates, but we're still woefully short on details since the Heynes family is reluctant to talk.

"There'll be reprisals from other kids in the school and he still has to go to school somewhere," Casey's father said. "He's not a violent kid, it's the first time he's lashed out and I don't want him to be victimised over that.

"He's always been taught never to hit. Apparently other people's parents don't teach their kids that."

Surprisingly, Ritchard suffered no major injuries. There are conflicting reports on the boys' punishment, though both were suspended and police were called after the school learned about the fight, and we've been informed that Ritchard's suspension is the longer one. So make up your own mind about whether to join one of the many "Free Casey" fanpages that have been popping up (and being taken down, much like all the YouTube videos of the fight).

That hasn't stopped "Casey the Punisher" or "Zangief Kid" from becoming the toast of the Internet. The meme engine has gone into overdrive.

Casey's the reluctant hero, and it's no wonder the world is obsessed. His story strikes a cord with anyone who's even been bullied or just unfairly picked on by life. We received a handful of emails from people who just wanted to share their own stories of being bullied, and fighting back. Here are two: they seemed cathartic. If you'd like to vent your own bullying tales (anonymously), don't hesitate to share with us.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Rev

I love it. I cant stand a bully.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Dethbob

My parents told me ‘don’t you ever fight, just ignore it!’ so of course I got picked on a lot when I was younger. But one day this kid who was a something-belt in taekwondo kept kicking me to impress his friends. I kept asking him to stop, trying to leave, but eventually I just body locked him and landed on his back. He was yelling ‘get off me get off me!’ I didn’t really beat him up that much because his friends all started laughing at him, and I wasn’t mad after that. This was back before zero tolerance, so none of us got in trouble.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:39 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I read about that! Sounds to me like his parents are crazy for helping make a victim out of him by telling him to not strike back. Then the school really done him dirty by suspending him! My Mom was one who thought that if you ignored a bully they would get bored and leave you along. My experience is they just hit you harder then. When I got to where if they pushed me I pushed them and when they threatened I told them bring it they backed off. Most bullies in my experience ain't really that brave!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE View Post
I read about that! Sounds to me like his parents are crazy for helping make a victim out of him by telling him to not strike back. Then the school really done him dirty by suspending him! My Mom was one who thought that if you ignored a bully they would get bored and leave you along. My experience is they just hit you harder then. When I got to where if they pushed me I pushed them and when they threatened I told them bring it they backed off. Most bullies in my experience ain't really that brave!
bullies, criminals.. democrats.. the KKK... yep.. pretty much cowards..
Old 03-17-2011, 06:27 PM
County Mike

If I read that correctly, the 16 year old was getting picked on by a 12 year old and finally fought back. How big was this 12 year old? (Can't watch the videos from work)

Through most of school, including high school, I was always the runt. I got picked on a little bit but I was usually good at being friends with everyone. Even though I was an easy target, most people liked me. If someone did pick on me, someone else made them stop. I didn't have a real growth spurt until my senior year in high school.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:28 PM

I saw that on Greta the other night. I think the kid, the bully, got what he deserved--wondered if that broke his leg or what?

I figured the other kid would get in trouble even though it's clear who was starting trouble. Did the bully get suspended too, I hope?
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
If I read that correctly, the 16 year old was getting picked on by a 12 year old and finally fought back. How big was this 12 year old? (Can't watch the videos from work)

Through most of school, including high school, I was always the runt. I got picked on a little bit but I was usually good at being friends with everyone. Even though I was an easy target, most people liked me. If someone did pick on me, someone else made them stop. I didn't have a real growth spurt until my senior year in high school.
The bully looked like a shrimp, the other kid was a big kid, but the little one clearly started it, reared back with his fist and hit the big one with all those other little punks egging him on. The big one picked the little one up around his waist and lifted him up and smashed him legs/knees first on the concrete--sounded awful. When that kid tried to get up, looked like his leg was really hurt...maybe broken, but he asked for it.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

LOL .. that is too funny .. dude got punked ... shoulda slammed the twirp in his head ....
Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
LOL .. that is too funny .. dude got punked ... shoulda slammed the twirp in his head ....
As much as he deserved it for sure, it was still hard to see/hear that. I just hope he got in trouble and they aren't just punishing the big guy for 1) being older and 2) being bigger than the little punk. But, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the troublemaker isn't getting punished at all and if his parents are suing the other kid's parents now. If they are, I hope they show the whole video of the little punk instigating this whole thing. The big kid didn't even strike back after that first punch; it was only after the kid kept on that he got fed up, and who knows how many other times before this he had just let it go and didn't respond.

Bullies are cowards. Usually bullies pick on people who are smaller than them; this little bully was a big idiot!

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-17-2011 at 07:01 PM.