Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Buc Nasty

Default Penn v Fitch 2 at UFC132

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/17/20...ked-for-july-2

In other news, Nam Phan has pulled out of his rematch with Leonard Garcia due to injury. His replacement? KOREAN ZOMBIE!

FOTY 2010, can they do it again in 2011?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/17/20...ked-for-july-2

In other news, Nam Phan has pulled out of his rematch with Leonard Garcia due to injury. His replacement? KOREAN ZOMBIE!

FOTY 2010, can they do it again in 2011?
For those without link-clicking abilities

Quote:
Let's try this again, shall we?

B.J. Penn and Jon Fitch have both agreed to a rematch of their hotly contested UFC 127 bout that ended in a controversial draw back on Feb 26 in Australia. This time, the two will clash at UFC 132, which is tentatively scheduled for July 2 in Las Vegas.

The promotion announced the pending match-up late last night.

Their first bout was put together to determine a number one contender to the welterweight title. However, after 15 minutes of grueling battle, neither one of the two had clearly gained the upper hand, at least not in the eyes of the judges sitting cage side.

Immediately following the decision, Penn noted that if all involved wanted a rematch he would oblige but his tone and overall demeanor suggested otherwise.

He even hinted at a possible retirement from the sport.

We can officially put that speculation to rest, which was "greatly exaggerated" to begin with according to the fight announcement, and gear up for what should be an epic rematch... right?

While Penn came out of the first fight with an extended vacation on his brain, Jon Fitch was ready to climb right back in the cage for another three rounds to determine who the best man really is.

Looks like he's getting his wish.

Long considered the best welterweight in the world not named Georges St. Pierre, the Indiana native has been slowly but steadily working his way back to another shot at the 170-pound gold that has eluded him for so long.

He let another chance at said belt slip through the cracks by not getting the job done "Down Under." What are the chances he lets it happen twice in a row?

UFC 132 has not been officially announced by the promotion but is expected to take place on July 2, 2011, in Las Vegas, NV. Penn vs. Fitch 2 is presumably the main event, although that is, of course, subject to change.

[
Old 03-17-2011, 02:05 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think fitch takes this one via UD or stoppage .. bj surprised him last time and now fitch is ready for the standup and groundgame ... we shall see what happens ...
Old 03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think fitch takes this one via UD or stoppage .. bj surprised him last time and now fitch is ready for the standup and groundgame ... we shall see what happens ...
I see another battle.....

That Penn could surprise anyone is a wonder.. just look at the guys history... His hands do nothing but get better,..and they have always been above average.. and if Penn gets the slightest toe hold on the ground.. he can use it.. Fitch will have to grind him down again.. IF he can...

I am a huge Fitch fan.. but Penn has been a much better "public person" of late.. and I find myself rooting for him again..
Old 03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Chuck

Sweet!!!

I wonder if he'll text Matt again? It sure looked like Matt's advice helped him out in the last fight!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Sweet!!!

I wonder if he'll text Matt again? It sure looked like Matt's advice helped him out in the last fight!
yeah.. Matt trained Penn for the first one.. or at least helped.. that said ALOT to me about Penn.. another dose of The Most Dominate Welterweight Champion can do NOTHING but make him even better...

I just see Penn dropping back down if/when Frankie drops the belt.. but I don't see that soon.. but I would LOVE to see Frank and Clay go at it.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:11 PM

I see Fitch kicking his @$$ again.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Miss Foxy

Thanks amor!!
OMG I love it!! I love BJ!! Can't wait for this!!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Sweet!!!

they caught fitch by surprise .. i don't see that working again ... fitch will take him down ... it will be like the 3rd round, but for pretty much all three rounds ..
Old 03-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Rev

Dream on guys, BJ will not gass on this one and will put on size. BJ will win, and it wont be by decision.