Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Miss Foxy

Default Anderson on GSP catchweight

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...-will-meet-gsp

"Anderson has proven he’s the best fighter and he handles it quite good. It’s a complicated fight to GSP… It’s a pretty bad fight for him, Anderson has this body type, he loses weight easily, he can make any weight, so I believe a catchweight division would be perfect for GSP, and Anderson wouldn’t have problems with that. Who’d have a problem would be GSP, because Anderson can lose that weight easily and, at the day of the fight, he’d be on his usual weight, so I believe it’s complicated for Georges St. Pierre"

Anderson Silva's manager tells Brazilian media Tatame.com that they are more than willing to fight GSP at a catchweight more in the realm of GSP's weightclass. Since it seems that everyone is dead set on this fight happening except GSP due to weighty issues, the offer to fight below middleweight surely would make this bout impossible to turn down for the welterweight champ.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Miss Foxy

That's what I am talking about Spider!! Whoo hoo!!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Anderson has this body type, he loses weight easily, he can make any weight
Maybe AS should go on down to WW for the fight then? Hold 2 titles at once?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Maybe AS should go on down to WW for the fight then? Hold 2 titles at once?
I wouldn't put it past him to do so..
Old 03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs...-will-meet-gsp

"Anderson has proven hes the best fighter and he handles it quite good. Its a complicated fight to GSP Its a pretty bad fight for him, Anderson has this body type, he loses weight easily, he can make any weight, so I believe a catchweight division would be perfect for GSP, and Anderson wouldnt have problems with that. Whod have a problem would be GSP, because Anderson can lose that weight easily and, at the day of the fight, hed be on his usual weight, so I believe its complicated for Georges St. Pierre"

Anderson Silva's manager tells Brazilian media Tatame.com that they are more than willing to fight GSP at a catchweight more in the realm of GSP's weightclass. Since it seems that everyone is dead set on this fight happening except GSP due to weighty issues, the offer to fight below middleweight surely would make this bout impossible to turn down for the welterweight champ.
I'm not surprised by this. Anderson used to be a WW & there were rumors that Matt would fight him as one of his first title defenses back in '02.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Silva's such a gamer. Sometimes his fights are annoying, but he's been pretty exciting in his most recent ones. Now if this will just come to Dallas...
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Silva's such a gamer. Sometimes his fights are annoying, but he's been pretty exciting in his most recent ones. Now if this will just come to Dallas...
Word! He's a fighter.. Bring him a fight and he will fight.. Or else mock you! lol. I love it!!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I bet GSP walks around at 185 or better! Seems to me like a 176-180 catch would we good.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:25 AM
County Mike

A catch weight fight would also be good because neither of them would have to put up their belt. Would be nice to make it 5 rounds though.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

nah ... if this fight happens, it will be at 185 .. i say dana makes the okami fight now with anderson while gsp puts the size on .. they can do this fight on the NYE show ... dana will charge $100 for the PPV ...