Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default Johnny Cash Cover by Llama

Hey Gang! Here's a little recording i did today. I'm a big Johnny Cash fan and recorded one of my favorite songs that he recorded. I got a new Flip and wanted to see how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KfA...el_video_title
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:03 AM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

I was half expecting to get rick-rolled.

Very cool.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I was half expecting to get rick-rolled.

Very cool.
Man, that is a great idea
thanks buddy!
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

The Flip works great! The performer, not so much.

Kidding, dude, it sounded great.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:38 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Very nice!

Whats the story with that half-scale banjo, how did you come up on that?

I have some Cash covers I can post later when I'm at my other CPU.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Very nice!

Whats the story with that half-scale banjo, how did you come up on that?

I have some Cash covers I can post later when I'm at my other CPU.
it's a banjolele. tuned GCEA like an uke but with the drum head of a banjo. I've played guitar and uke and always loved the banjo but dreaded learning new fingerings. I thought about just buying a banjo and tuning it like a uke or a 4 string guitar, but...this is more fun. can sound like an uke, banjo or mandolin with little adjustments.
definitely post your covers. I'll keep recording.
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-14-2011, 05:43 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
it's a banjolele. tuned GCEA like an uke but with the drum head of a banjo. I've played guitar and uke and always loved the banjo but dreaded learning new fingerings. I thought about just buying a banjo and tuning it like a uke or a 4 string guitar, but...this is more fun. can sound like an uke, banjo or mandolin with little adjustments.
definitely post your covers. I'll keep recording.
I've never heard of those before, and I thought I knew it all

I will post some stuff, but I gotta dig it up cuz it's been a while
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:02 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Okay, all my Cash covers are from a long time ago. So, of course, I hate how they sound, but whatever...

I have 3 others, but I still need to convert and upload them. This one was ready to go though, so here it is...

"I Hung My Head" ....http://www.cpanel.easyprowebtools.co...ng-My-Head.mp3 (the link will ask you to either open the file with your favorite music player or download it to your CPU)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I was half expecting to get rick-rolled.

Very cool.
same lol
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 AM
logrus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Okay, all my Cash covers are from a long time ago. So, of course, I hate how they sound, but whatever...

I have 3 others, but I still need to convert and upload them. This one was ready to go though, so here it is...

"I Hung My Head" ....http://www.cpanel.easyprowebtools.co...ng-My-Head.mp3 (the link will ask you to either open the file with your favorite music player or download it to your CPU)
nice cover,

makes two i heard today
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.