Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Buzzard

Default A tea party member, a CEO, and a union member

sit down at a table.

There's a plate of 12 cookies on the table.

The CEO takes 11 of them, looks at the tea partier and says, "Hey, that union thug wants to steal your cookie."

***I can't take credit for this.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
sit down at a table.

There's a plate of 12 cookies on the table.

The CEO takes 11 of them, looks at the tea partier and says, "Hey, that union thug wants to steal your cookie."

***I can't take credit for this.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:17 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I tried not to laugh.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Chris F

It should read.

Ceo takes 6

Union thug takes 4 give the DNC 3

And the Tea Party guy blogs about doing something but instead sits there and does nothing in fear of it possibly hurting his family if he grew a backbone and actually took a stand for something./
Old 03-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Actually, you guys got it all wrong, the CEO snatches up ALL the cookies and then offers to sell them to the Union thug and Tea Party Member.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Dethbob

In the real world, the CEO hires the Tea partier to make the cookies, and the Union claims that they are entitled to all of them.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Actually, you guys got it all wrong, the CEO snatches up ALL the cookies and then offers to sell them to the Union thug and Tea Party Member.
I thought the CEO took all 12 cookies and the Tea Party member cried about the size of the crumb the Union member just had.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Dethbob

Let me restate that: In the real world, the CEO would put up the capital to buy the sugar, flour, mixer, etc.

The tea partier would have to ask the unions permission to get a job making cookies.

Of the twelve cookies made, the tea partier would get two, but the union would grab one before he could enjoy it.

The union would then use that cookie to push for legislation banning the manufacture of cookies.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:22 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethbob View Post
Let me restate that: In the real world, the CEO would put up the capital to buy the sugar, flour, mixer, etc.

The tea partier would have to ask the unions permission to get a job making cookies.

Of the twelve cookies made, the tea partier would get two, but the union would grab one before he could enjoy it.

The union would then use that cookie to push for legislation banning the manufacture of cookies.
You forgot that the CEO was just bailed out by the government and only used 1% towards the ingredients meanwhile giving himself a 50% bonus and a 49% pay increase.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Actually, the CEO tastes one cookie and likes it enough to purchase the recipe from the cookie maker. He then begins to mass produce them cheaply enough that everyone can get their fill of cookies. But then the Union thug organizes the workers demanding pay raises, overtime, fewer work hours, healthcare benefits, retirement plans, stock options, vacation time, etc. forcing the CEO to raise the price of the cookies to pay for the extra cost of all these "entitlements," which causes sales to drop costing the company money. However the union continues to demand even more pay and benefits for less and less work, which eventually forces the CEO out of business resulting in no cookies for anybody.