View Poll Results: Should Jens Pulver be added to the UFC Hall of Fame
YES 14 53.85%
NO 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
maybe, or he coulda just trying to make a buck and then realized how profitable it could be and took it further ... i liked the guy, but i don't think he should be in the HoF ... that's all ...
To make a buck you gotta put out a few bucks.. Also he did not have to share his money and he did... ..
Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Randy's deal was money.. and he had issues with Dana.. Not the whole of the UFC...
Randy's deal was the same gripe a lot of people have with the UFC, and it comes down to the use of likeness rights. Sure, it's rooted in money, but there also lies a greater principle when it comes to how the UFC handles it contract negotiations. Fact is, he still went to court against the company, and he is still on the cover of a video game that Dana hates because he couldn't land a solid deal with EA Sports. Dana even went so far as to say anybody who appears in the EA game would NEVER fight in the UFC...

Quote:
Tito in the HOF??? What has really done to earn that?? Won some fights.. and ducked Chuck..
Tito is definitely a Hall of Famer. Love him or hate him, he has done a tremendous amount for the sport and he has spent his entire career in the UFC.

Quote:
Too bad there won't be an MMA Hall of Fame.. if there was.. then sure Jens gets in
I think we will see an MMA hall of fame at some point in time. Give it time, the sport may not be in it's infancy anymore, but it's still young.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

For the record, I voted yes.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:29 AM

I voted yes but if I'm honest, it's because I like you, Dave, and I think it's great you advocated for Jens's inclusion in the HoF. I was waffling however...

Charles (and the other 2) was a great ambassador for MMA and the UFC with Tapout. I think it's amazing what they accomplished. Obviously his tragic death swayed the powers that be to include him but I think that was a righteous decision. I agree with JB that Tito (yuk, ptooey) should be in as well.

I've always liked Jens but just am not sure he should be in the HoF. Anyway, it's cool you wrote them, Jens has a great fan in you, Dave. I think your letter would be rec'd better by Dana, etc., if you kept it shorter and didn't use Mask's inclusion as an argument for Jens. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:30 AM

OK, that was probably more than 2 cents worth, more like a dime.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Mask won...how many UFC fights?

Jose Aldo is not responsible for his Division EXISTING and being accepted though is he???

Establishing THREE different Weight Divisions is not enough???
I listened to your video...but I'm also rather tired so I'll probably have to listen to it again tomorrow to process it.

I'm not sure how exactly Jens established the division. What do you mean? Did he fight to have those divisions created? I know when he went to WEC they already had lighter weight divisions and champions, so I'm not quite sure what you mean he established it. Do you mean he made it popular? Cause when he went to fight in WEC against Urijah...Urijah was already quite popular and was making a name for WEC and the featherweight division itself.

And when Jens did the Ultimate Fighter and came back to face BJ at lightweight, I'd argue BJ made that division popular again and really legitimized the division by giving it popularity and stability.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:38 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I voted yes mostly on intangibles....but sorry Dave, not because I think Jens "pioneered" those weight divisions. I actually disagree sternly on that fact.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Buc Nasty

Yes he should.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:10 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I voted 'yes' on pure emotion. lol
Old 03-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Mask yes, for his contribution to the UFC.
Selling T Shirts alongside an organisation, is a bigger contribution then instigating the acceptance of three different weight division in the organisation?