Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker View Post
Like finds Like Foxy... ;)

Its because of the Order. In England their is many Orders of Chivilry...they are basically commendations...your post modern day Knights so to speak...and yes they are still knighted with the Octogenarian waving a large sword around which is nearly as long as she is tall

Anyway...they all have fancy titles...begining with The Most

You have Most Noble order of The Garter
Most Ancient Order of The Thistle
Most Distingushed Order of Saint Michael and Saint George

...and the most common, coz it has the most people inducted into it..is The Most Excellen Order of The British Empire Anyone you see with the letters OBE or MBE after their name you must address as Sir...because they have been Knighted by the Queen, its not a matter of courtesy...its actually their official Title...They will henceforth not be Mr so-and-so, but Sir Blah You get it for outstanding recognition, effort, or achievement to society...Great Philanthropists...Great Explorers, Artists, Sportsmen, Television personalities, and Film Directors

There are different levels of induction also...you can be a Member, or Knight, or you can be a Cross, or Grande Cross, or Dame Grand Cross...the better your achivement, effort, recognition, the higher within the Order you are inducted in. I have no idea on the rules for progression when in the order though.

Each new Knight, or Lady, is presented to Her Brittanic Majesty, infront of a vast audience. They process in. They Approach their Soverign. She will share a word with them, they will then either be given the writs of their title...or in some cases asked to kneel before her...she will get out her sword, and do her best not to chop of the head infront of her then they retreat from the soverign...never turn your back...you walk backwards away from her...and then they process off.

After that they are invited to the Garden Party in the grounds of the Palace where they may meet with Royalty, Nobility, and others of the Order. From then on their status allows any on in their family to get married in the Chapel of Saint Faiths, in the Crypt of Saint Paul's Cathedral in London, because the Chapel is the designated home of the Order.

Each year the order will gather for a service of celebration and thanksgiving, and once every seven years, that service will be attended by:

Her Most Excellent, Most High, Most Might, Brittanic Majesty, Elizabeth II, by The grace of GOD, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other realms and terrirtories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith. Whom may GOD preserve with long life, good health, and all worldly happiness

I believe thats her actual full title
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
Texas only had the legal right before the civil war. After the south lost Texas lost the legal ability to do anything in terms of leaving the union.

http://www.texassecede.com/faq.htm
Old 03-09-2011, 08:30 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Your comment here has nothing to do with the thread subject. You are just being a bully.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Your comment here has nothing to do with the thread subject. You are just being a bully.
I was going to say "makes a Change" but...it doesnt make a change at all does it.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
meanie....it's not funny if you put a smiley face after a mean comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Perhaps we belong...together

Would you like to be a forum wife of mine

Michelle is gone...and Pirmadawn hasnt come back since I proposed

So...I'm not booked up

you running the girls off?

Quote:
it's weird how people show their personalities over the computer
Old 03-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN View Post
Wowser...thats written from a VERY confederate point of view isnt it. I assumed most Americans didnt mind the Union, in some much as, although it has faults, they would never imagine being free from Federalization

I shall tell my Monarchist friends, that Each State is a member of the Union only by voluntary means. I shall tell them to go into Politics within their State, Get Ellected...and then Aggree to voluntarily remove themselves from The United States, Whilst appealing for acceptance into the Commonwealth, to Claim Protection of the Crown against the impending wrath of the Federal States who will no doubt do what they did to the Confederacy...and become hostile to an otherwise peaceful group of Soverignties.

The Crown will no doubt tell them, that they may have The District of Colombia, only if they aggree by treaty, to recognise...WTF shall we call the new thirteen states??? How about The United Crown Soverignties of America? Yes...thats lovely.

If they become violent...we distroy Washington DC...and their Seat of Government...they will have to move Congress to somewhere else...along with everything else which is in that City, like for example the Federal Investigation, the Archives, The Pentagon...will instantly fall under British Rule...and thus...if they are expelled, they will have to put themselves back together before they rechallenge us.

Meanwhiles, we will call on our friends...the Canadians, another Commonwealth Nation...and...if we must...I suppose we make alliance with Mexico...we already own many Islands in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Fench wont help you, not this time

Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
meanie....it's not funny if you put a smiley face after a mean comment

you running the girls off?

it's weird how people show their personalities over the computer
I am much meaner in person.Only to those that ask for it or want it..
Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Twinsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I am much meaner in person.Only to those that ask for it or want it..

freak (the smiley makes it good right..)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmama View Post
freak (the smiley makes it good right..)
Silly!! Hey I am now Mrs. Tyburn cut me some slack!!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
How is that being a bully??? Tyburn is rather "passionate" when it comes to many things.. and it seems that these people he found on the Internet are of a like mind...

"like finds like" How is that a bully????

If you mean .. "most excellent".. I read his comment.. and the first thing that came to mind was Bill and Ted when I saw .. "Most Excellent".. After reading Daves book on "Most Excellent".. I think that it's even funnier..

so tell me.. how am I a bully????